Linux Engineer (Associate Professional)
Taguig City, Philippines
Job ID: 47232
Associate Professional Linux/UNIX Engineer
The Infrastructure Engineer (Linux/UNIX Engineer) is responsible for supporting Ingram Micro’s Linux/UNIX server environment handling simple to medium complexity Incident tickets, Service Request and Change Requests. He/she will perform a wide variety of installation, configuration, patching and upgrading of servers and related hardware and software. He/she will also provide investigation, root cause analysis, diagnostic testing and troubleshooting.
- Must possess a Bachelor's/College Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or any related course
- At least 1 years working experience on UNIX or Linux platform (Suse, Solaris, AIX, Redhat, CentOs).
- Ability to understand shell scripts for systems administration.
- Basic skills and abilities in using systems administration tools, commands and processes.
- Ability to resolve problems independently.
- Demonstrates integrity and professionalism in taking responsibility.
- Results-oriented and willing to work on new technologies.
- Able to work independently and self-motivated
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Customer oriented and possess Can-Do attitude
- Linux/UNIX Basic Systems Administration skills (SUSE, Redhat, Ubunto, CentOS, Solaris, AIX)
- Installation and configuration of UNIX/Linux Operating System (Automated/Non-automated)
- Basic knowledge on OS security hardening and patching, installation and diagnostics
- Basic knowledge in Shell Scripting (KSH, BASH, PERL etc…).
- Basic skill in Volume Management (LVM, vxfs, Storage Foundation etc…)
- User and account management
Preferred but not required:
- Basic skill in HA/Cluster servers (HACMP, Veritas Cluster, Linux Cluster)
- Basic VMWare ESX/vSphere Administration skills
- Base knowledge of networking
- General understanding of storage and backup systems
- Experience in Web Administration and/or basic application support
- Understanding of ITIL best practices
- Perform 2nd level support for Linux, AIX and Solaris platforms
- Handle incident, request and change tickets that come into the groups queue.
- Preparing the UNIX/Linux (Solaris, AIX, SuSE/RedHat Linux) Operating System per design specifications.
- Install or assist with the installation of business applications.
- Provide solutions to simple issues/problems.
- Apply configuration change and required fix and patches to meet the ongoing customer, business, and technology requirements.