Sr. Linux Engineer (Sr. Professional)
This job posting is no longer active.
Taguig City, Philippines
Job ID: 48613
Sr. Professional Linux/UNIX Engineer
The Infrastructure Engineer (Linux/UNIX Engineer) is responsible for supporting Ingram Micro’s Linux/UNIX server environment, from design implementation to support; and handling Incident tickets, Service Request and Change Requests. He/she will perform a wide variety of installations; OS provisioning and configuration; patching; security hardening; and upgrading of servers and related hardware and software. He/she will also provide investigation, root cause analysis, diagnostic testing and troubleshooting. He/she will also be highly involved with Infrastructure related projects, solutions engineering and lifecycle management.
- Must possess a Bachelor's/College Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or any related course
- At least 10 years working experience on UNIX or Linux platform platform (Suse, Solaris, AIX, Redhat, CentOs).
- Ability to write advance shell scripts for systems administration and automation
- Advanced abilities in using systems administration tools, commands and processes.
- Ability to resolve problems independently.
- Ability to provide Engineering solutions for complex issues/projects
- Demonstrates integrity and professionalism in taking responsibility.
- Results-oriented and willing to work on new technologies.
- Able to work independently and self-motivated
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Customer oriented and possess Can-Do attitude
- Basic understanding of Project Management
- One or more of SLES, Redhat, AIX - Advance Administration and Engineering skills
- Installation and configuration of UNIX/Linux Operating System (Automated/Non-automated)
- Operating system security hardening, patching, installation and diagnostics
- Shell Scripting (KSH, BASH, PERL etc…)
- Skill in Volume Management (LVM, SVM, Storage Foundation etc…)
- Skill in clustering technologies (PowerHA, Veritas Cluster etc…)
Preferred but not required:
- Experience in environment provisioning and deployment. (Ansible, BES, Puppet, etc)
- VMWare ESX/vSphere Administration/automation skills
- Intermediate skill in HA/Cluster servers (HACMP/PowerHA, Veritas Cluster)
- Base knowledge of networking
- Advance understanding of storage systems (SAN, NAS, Multi-Path, RAID)
- Experience in Web Administration and/or basic application support
- Understanding of ITIL best practices
- Provide support and engineering for SLES, Redhat, AIX and other OS
- Perform regular server patching and server upgrades
- Handle incident, change and service request that come in to the groups queue.
- Install or assist with the installation of business applications.
- Provide solutions to complex issues/problems.
- Apply configuration change and required fix and patches to meet the ongoing customer, business, and technology requirements.