Ingram Micro, a portfolio company of Platinum Equity, delivers a full spectrum of global technology and commerce and fulfillment services. With a global base of more than 170K Customers and over 1.8K Vendors, including the world’s best-known technology companies (e.g., Acer, Amazon, Apple, Dell, Cisco, Citrix, Google, HPE, HPI, HTC, IBM, Lenovo, LG, Microsoft, Samsung, VMware, Zebra and many others), Ingram generates nearly $50B in annual revenue. Given a global reach and focus on IT solutions and services, cloud, mobility, and technology lifecycle, Ingram enables partners to find new opportunities and operate more profitably in their IT areas of focus.
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in technology solutions, supply chain, cloud and mobility enable its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. Combined with distinct market insights and the trust and dependability generated from decades of strong partner relationships, Ingram Micro stands apart as the global technology services provider for the future.
INGRAM MICRO GLOBAL BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE (GBI) ORG
Ingram Micro's GBI organization is a profit-generating strategic service that provides IT, channel stakeholders, with the insights and industry intelligence to generate more business, expand reach, and achieve pinpoint accuracy in their sales and marketing efforts. Through the GBI org, the Data Science team develops high margin science offerings for Ingram’s Global Partners and internal Business Units across the company including Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Finance.
Featuring the largest transactional, product, and inventory databases in the IT Distribution Channel, the Data Science team offers Ingram’s global IT Vendor and Solution providers, Reseller Partners, and internal stakeholders customizable programs, services, and insights: including lead analytics, forecasts and growth targets, recommendation engines, propensity models, strategic analytic consulting, industry performance, customer health analysis, product lifecycle analysis, as well as supply chain optimization, logistics and operations analytics.
We are seeking an experienced Data Scientist to develop machine learning, statistical, AI, economic, geographic, and applied mathematical models to address complex business problems in the tech and e-commerce space.
The role will collaborate with a diverse team of highly talented PhD.s, M.S.s, and industry experts to use advanced scientific techniques on a world-class data infrastructure to develop large-scale models with immediate and long-term relevance. You will focus on building a product portfolio, new product development, and owning sub-streams of projects that require effective communication with cross-functional teams. As a Data Scientist, you will build models, work with large granular data sets, communicate analysis to key internal and external stakeholders, and be positioned as a Subject Matter Expert.
Qualifications and Role
- Advanced Degree (MS or Ph.D.) in Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Economics, or related technical field
- 5+ years of quantitative experience (industry, consulting, government, academics, or post-doc work)
- Ability to apply insights to high impact questions with immediate and long-term relevance
- Build predictive models to forecast upstream and downstream market activities
- Expertise in Machine Learning algorithms
- Experience with optimization techniques
- Work on developing and implementing supply and demand-side models
- Design and execute field experiments to draw insights from market behaviour
- Expertise with supervised and unsupervised techniques
- Ability to work independently and in a highly engaged team environment
- Develop and deliver machine learning algorithms at scale to solve business-specific problems mapped to use cases
- Experience cleaning, aggregating, and pre-processing large granular data from varied sources, including complex relational databases
- Perform econometric and statistical analysis on large granular transaction-level data sets
- Develop causal models to derive insights about market behaviour
- Proficient in tools such as Python, Jupyter Notebook, SQL, R, Airflow, Cloud-based services, STATA, SAS, MATLAB
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; the ability to collaborate with internal and external partners
For many transactions, IM has end-to-end visibility across the supply chain: from upstream manufacturer, through distribution, to resellers, to final end-users. This perspective provides opportunities to tackle the most challenging research and applied science questions with answers that drive strategic, operational, and tactical decisions with immediate and long-term relevance around the world.
Our Hybrid Work Program is now live for our office associates. As part of this approach, we will host most of our interviews on-site, but some interviews may be conducted virtually over the phone or through video. As a part of our COVID-19 Safety measures, we will be requesting information around your vaccination status, if you are hired as an Ingram Micro/Ingram Micro Cloud associate.
Ingram Micro is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer, with a focus on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. We consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition Specialist/Job Poster and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. We will try our best to make these accommodations. Please do not include any medical or health information in this email.