Director, Partner & Alliances - CloudBlue
Come Join CloudBlue:
At CloudBlue, we view Cloud not just as a single technology, but as a foundational solution to run and drive a whole new way of doing business. CloudBlue is the world’s largest cloud platform provider that orchestrates B2B ecosystems by enabling management of traditional and digital products and subscriptions, quickly onboarding, and integrating with partners, and scaling Digital Business globally with a single platform.
CloudBlue, an Ingram Micro business, is the result of $500 million in investments, including the acquisitions of Odin, Ensim, and other software companies. CloudBlue platform provides companies with Catalog, Partner, and Product Information Management capabilities through direct and indirect channels supporting any type of product distribution. Today CloudBlue powers the world’s largest service provider marketplaces, totaling more than 30 million seats globally.
We are committed to helping our partners drive new ways of doing business with an infinite ecosystem of cloud solutions, platform technology, enablement programs and relationships with the biggest players in the Cloud Industry. We help our customers and partners transform their business, so they are fastest to market and are rapidly successful in the distribution, sale, and management of any type of product in the Digital Economy. Our entrepreneurial scope means we operate with the agility of a high growth start-up, but with the confidence & backing of a Fortune 100 corporation.
We are hiring a strong, high-energy professional that has her/his mind in the evolution of Digital Services experience in the As-a-Service Economy and has the influence to lead internal and external stakeholders on a journey towards rapid & sustainable growth with our ecosystem of Provider partners, Cloud vendors, and End users. We live our core values: Resilience, Creativity, Customer Focus, Self-Development, Courage and Energy to deal with Ambiguity.
What YOU bring:
Experience in building and lead an organization of Partner & Alliance Management. Acquire and manage Partners that co-sell and re-sell CloudBlue technology. Generate Partner-led opportunities and orchestrate internal processes of Partner enablement and sales support to effectively win deals jointly with our Partners. End to end responsibility for the Partner organization’s pipeline, all opportunities going through the sales funnel and generating revenue (with specific sales targets) via indirect sales channel of CloudBlue technology.
- Manage a team of Partner Managers whose objectives are to establish and manage partnerships with technology and services providers, including System Integrators, Manages Services Providers, OEMs of complementary solutions and offerings
- Convey and effectively articulate to Partners CloudBlue’s value proposition and benefits of reselling, co-selling and offering CloudBlue solutions as to Partners’ customer base, as well as joint participation in business development activities and acquisition of new customers
- Recruit, assess, qualify and sign on Partners into Resell / Co-Sell Program: negotiate the terms of individual participation agreements with selected Partners and keep on building out and managing CloudBlue Partner network on an ongoing basis
- Develop a support network throughout CloudBlue that can provide sales and marketing enablement for partners, manage the extended support team across the function lines (product management, product marketing, marketing and communications, sales and pre-sales) to deliver tangible means for Partners to effectively sell our technology
- Manage Indirect Business Development Pipeline of all sales opportunities generated by sales organization: oversee the Partner & Alliance team in building heatmaps, account mapping activities with Partners, qualification, prioritization of the leads, as well as deal registration process
- Own sales results of the Partnership organization: leads generated, opportunities, won deals - with the results measured against the efficiency KPIs as well as concrete sales targets achievement.
- Drive best practices in proposal / tender quality, contract negotiations, accuracy, and adherence to our policies via structured deal reviews, regular cadence and checkpoints for all indirect sales to ensure CloudBlue interests, business practices and commercial objectives are fully reflected in Partner-generated opportunities
- Manage Resellers / Co-Sell / Indirect Partners performance: define and track execution of sales targets, business objectives and related KPIs – provide oversight of achievements, supervise and sign-off calculations and payouts as per agreed commercial terms (including front-end / back-end margin, rebates, SPIFFs, etc.)
- Define sales acceleration and joint commercial programs and campaigns for Indirect go-to-market
- Identify, propose, and develop new business initiatives jointly with the Partners, continuously ideate new approaches to leveraging CloudBlue partnerships for creating additional value to both CloudBlue and the Partners
- Fully own P&L of the Partner organization
- BS Degree, Engineering, Science or Tech , MBA Preferred
- 10+ years in the Hi-Tech Industry, in particular Cloud / SaaS related areas
- 10+ years of business development experience is a must-have and pre-requisite
- Minimum 5-7 years of documented track record of successfully building and leading partnership and alliances organization in software technology, ideally Cloud
- Strong track record working with ambitious sales targets and demonstrated ability to reach concrete and tangible business objectives in high growth environment
- Demonstrable experience working with, creating alliances with, and selling to C-level management in large multinational tech organizations
- Prior work in a start-up environment is highly valuable
- Team management experience in leading Partnership organizations is required. Proven leadership skills – repeated past success in building and developing high performance teams is a must
- Willingness to travel extensively, as required, while possessing demonstrable ability to achieve result through working remotely in a global business, across all time-zones
- Can do attitude, self-starter, self-learner, combining “strategic thinker” and “doer” – but with strong accent on “doer” and achieving very specific, ambitious sales goals
- Ability to thrive in highly dynamic, start-up like, unstructured environment with changing priorities and continuous alignment of tactics to strategies
- Values and thrives in teamwork, able to achieve results through influencing across the organization, without having a direct line reporting to key stakeholders and people that are crucial to the success of candidates’ task / objective
- Strong interpersonal skills, operating on C-level with easy
- Comfortable in working, taking decisions and driving to results based on missing or incomplete information / data – makes sound judgment calls and assumptions
- Strategic planning ability