Sr. Associate, Equipment Operations-USA
Shippensburg, PA, United States
Job ID: 48877
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
- Transfer goods and materials from incoming and outbound shipments via a forklift.
- Operates gas or electric powered forklift truck to move, stack, load or unload materials, parts, finished goods etc.
- Move materials throughout the warehouse. Proceeds to the loading and unloading of transport vehicles to and from the warehouse, with raw materials, unfinished products and/or finished products.
- Perform safety checks on lifts.
- Maintain accurate inventory and report any discrepancies.
- May require certification to operate forklift.
What you bring to the role:
- Recognized skilled specialist in job area.
- May be responsible for leading daily operations.
- May train, delegate and review the work of lower level employees.
- Problems typically are not routine and require analysis, judgment and initiative.
- Makes minor adjustments and enhancements to working methods to improve effectiveness of area.
- Provides administrative or technical support at a specialist level. Incumbents are highly proficient in a broad range of activities related to their job.
- May act as a lead or mentor to more junior technical or administrative support personnel.
- Consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues.
- Makes recommendations for new procedures. Incumbents independently perform a wide range of complex duties under general guidance from supervisors.
- Known in the department/group as the “knowledge base” of information.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Often acts as a facilitator and team leader.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.