Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
As a Human Resources Generalist, you will be a part of an on-site HR team and partner with management to deliver high quality support, advice & support our vision and strategic direction to cultivate our world-class facilities.
Acting as a change agent to continually develop the culture and support our vision. You’ll provide guidance across industrial and employment law, recruitment, induction, performance management, change management and engagement initiatives.
Duties & Key Responsibilities:
General HR Support
- Ability to lead a broad array of HR initiatives in a highly challenging and rewarding environment where you will play a significant role in impacting our operations and people strategy.
- Provide support to employees and managers in the handling of all human resource related activities which may include employee relations, fielding employee questions or concerns, communication and the interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Supports and serves as a liaison between employees and management.
- Provide counsel to employees and management to maintain a productive and positive work environment, including development planning, coaching, etc.
- Advise managers on salary offers and equity increases
- Coordinate workers compensation program, includes issues relating to modified duty/early return to work, ADA, and litigation
- Assist in the recruitment efforts and new hire and transfer processes including but not limited to: coordination of openings, development of job descriptions, diversity recruitment strategies, interview candidates, job offer recommendations and offer letters, write announcements, and act as liaison with the hiring manager and the recruiting team.
- Conduct employee investigations as needed and ensure timely and responsible resolutions.
- Consult with and advise management to maximize employee productivity through swift and timely resolution.
- Resolve employee performance issues to ensure appropriate corrective action steps are taken, including coaching, verbal / written warnings (corrective action), Performance Improvement Plans.
- Provide counsel and support to managers for performance development and improvement. Provide and track compliance of required training including conducting New Employee Orientation, New Manager Orientation, Harassment Awareness and other related compliance training, leadership, and management courses, etc. as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to Human Resources matters.
- Partner with internal Compliance team to participate in audits conducted by state or federal agencies such as the OFCCP.
- Monitor and provide feedback regarding the use of policies and procedures and propose / draft policies / updates as needed.
Basic Qualifications - Strong communications skills: interpersonal, oral and written; Must be able to work with all levels of associates and management within the organization; Ability to prioritize workload and self-manage projects, handle multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Power Point, Word, Access and Outlook.
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills; ability to analyze data.
- Human Resource experience should include familiarity with and experience in recruitment, associate relations, associate communications, and leave of absence laws.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business, Organizational Management (highly preferred, but not required) or comparable discipline, or related field HR experience preferred.
- PHR or SPHR certification is a plus.
- SAP knowledge a plus.
- 3 to 5 years as a Human Resource Generalist.
- Knowledge of Federal and State employment laws, Investigation Skills, HR technical knowledge in EEO, AA, FMLA, ADA, unemployment, and worker's compensation.
- Experience with HRIS systems- Work Day preferred.
- Knowledge HR law and applications desired.
- Extensive background as a Generalist HR, ideally within a manufacturing or industrial setting.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR INGRAM MICRO
- Medical, Dental, Vision Available Upon Start Date
- Employer Matched 401(k) + Immediately Vested
- Paid Time Off (PTO) + Sick Days
- Tuition Reimbursement & Career Development
- A Company Culture Rich in our Vision and Values with an Open-Door Policy
- Company Observed Holidays
- Discount Programs that include Wellness, Technology, Retail, and more!
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.