Section 1: Identifying Information
Technical Architect Manager
26 Oct 2021
Dy. General Manager
Positions reporting to this position
Target team size:
India / Mumbai
Section 2: Position Summary
We are seeking a highly motivated, customer focused person with very good verbal and written communication skills. You would have extensive experience in managing huge and complex applications in multiple domains. You would have experience in understanding of functional and operational processes in several areas, preferably in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, eCommerce, and Asset Management. You would have the ability to quickly understand the business processes and the business needs of the customer and manage their expectations by delivering quality software within the desired timelines.
We are looking for a person who is self-driven and loves to take on challenges and can keep pace with technology changes. You would be needed to understand the latest technology trends and be able to recognize and propose such things during your discussions with various business stakeholders. You would be needed to keep pace with the future needs and changes needed in our fast-moving IT Asset Management and Disposition line of business. You would have the ability to understand a business problem and convert it into a detailed plan that the development team can implement.
Section 3: Responsibilities, Supporting Actions & End-Results
- Lead a team of 20 to 30 team members, should have experience in managing large teams
- Understand the functionality of what is being developed or enhanced and delve into details of the functional processes, workflows, rules, configurations, etc. wherever needed.
- Guide the team technically in various areas like Microservices, APIs, latest web technologies and frameworks, design patterns, etc.
- Work with the team to identify and resolve technical blockers
- Understand, review and change, if needed the configuration, deployment and change management processes used in the project
- Understand and guide the team on usage of latest cloud platforms (Azure), including the usage for builds, deployments, change management (Azure DevOps) and pricing models
- Mentor the team in Agile processes especially in Scrum and ensure that the right processes are followed, tweak the processes to make them more efficient and effective.
- Lead multiple Agile scrum teams and ensure proper coordination between teams
- Recognize, mentor, and hire resources as needed to build a technically strong team that can build and support a product. Product Experience a plus.
- Ensure timely reporting and communication with all project stakeholders, business users and senior management.
- Manage project metrics, status reporting and ensure that the entire delivery ecosystem is stable and always running
- Raise and manage project risks and ensure creation of risk mitigation strategies and plans
- Manage changes and build/improve processes for effective change management
- Critical thinker to be able to troubleshoot issues and provide recommendations to management and peers
- Team building activities to boost the morale of the team.
- Support organization processes and initiatives and ensure team complies with any organization initiatives, process changes and training needs
- Identify and support the training and development needs of team members
- Manage conflicts within team and with external stakeholders
- Attend all scrum ceremonies and weekly meetings with the team leads in Mumbai and US
- Work closely with vendor teams and ensure mature and fair interactions with their team members
Section 4: Job Qualifications and Educational Requirement
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Relevant Science disciplines with an IT emphasis is required. A minimum of 15 years of IT experience with at least 5 years as a Technical Project Manager is required, in either of Asset Management, Supply Chain Management or eCommerce and Order Fulfillment areas.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform this job include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related Science and Math discipline with an IT emphasis is required
- 15+ years of experience in technical project management
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new technology, and complex workflows
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders including customers, business users and vendor teams
- Strong experience in leading and managing large teams successfully
- Experience in agile (Scrum) and waterfall methodologies. Experience in mentoring the teams in Agile way of working including estimations, agile ceremonies, and metrics
- Should possess strong technical skills and capabilities in .NET and related back end and front-end technologies, microservices, API management, cloud architecture and other web technology frameworks
- Well versed in Azure DevOps and Other Azure offerings
- Solid balance of strategic thinking and ability to get things done
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate with senior executives and cross functional team members
- Should possess sound risk management and change management experience and skills
- Building Server less Architecture applications experience is preferred.
- Azure Architect certification is preferred.
Section 5: What we offer
- The ability to have a high impact on the business, and to manage large teams that make a difference to the ITAD line of business
- Being part of a highly functional and efficient core team in the rapidly changing Asset Management and Disposition landscape
- Good work-life balance, in a fun/friendly work environment