IS Senior Business Analyst - Warehouse Management
Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
Join our highly motivated and talented team and play an integral role in building a state-of-the-art warehouse management system for Ingram Micro warehouses across the globe
The IS Senior Business Analyst - Warehouse Management is responsible for working with the business/operations and gathering/documenting business requirements and rendering them to the large technical team. The ideal candidate will have 7-10+ years of experience working in a technology driven organization with strong business analysis skills. Advanced skills in requirements gathering, review and documentation; and ability to lead requirements meetings are must for this position. The successful candidate will have prior experience with Warehouse Management System (WMS) or the ability to learn it quickly. Candidates must have a strong verbal and written command of the English language with the ability to clearly communicate at all levels including senior management and executives.
What you will do:
- Be the point of contact for WMS functionality
- Will act as a Subject Matter Expert for Ingram Micro’s new WMS system
- Work as a liaison between business and technical teams
- Partner with the warehouse business leaders to understand WMS requirements, their criticality and propose alternatives and solutions
- Gather business requirements and document them in an actionable form such as technical teams can begin technical design by using them. Produce requirement documents that are detail, unambiguous, actionable, measurable, testable, and traceable.
- Implement formal review processes to ensure that the documented requirements exactly match the requirements communicated by business
- Communicate requirements to the technical teams such that that they build the software systems that align with the documented requirements. During the software development life cycle review the software periodically to ensure its functionality matches the business requirements.
- Prioritize requirements based on their criticality
- Attend daily team meetings.
- Plan, coordinate, structure, and execute tasks that involve multiple teams
- Independently manage own tasks with minimum supervision
- Provide accurate status of tasks to PMs and others as needed
What you bring to the role:
- University degree or equivalent job-related experience
- 7-10+ years of experience gathering and documenting business and systems requirements in a technology environment.
- Work in Day shift but should be flexible to work in different shift as per Business need.
- Advanced experience of documenting requirements that are detailed, structured, actionable, measurable, testable, and traceable.
- Strong skills in various business analysis tools and techniques
- Demonstrable work experience of at least 8 years in practicing formal requirements review processes, tools, and techniques
- Ability to build wireframes, prototypes, or mockups.
- Advanced skills and experience in analyzing the data, drawing business process diagrams, flow-charts, entity relationship diagrams and dataflow diagrams. Experience in writing use cases is desirable.
- Advanced experience of working in a complex, multi-system, integrated environment and should be able to demonstrate thorough knowledge of how those systems integrated with each other.
- Proven experience of leading requirements gathering meetings, creating meeting minutes, and communicating updates to business partners and IT Managers.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Above-average analytical skills
- Assertive, self-driven and collaborative
- Ability to review system design and write simple SQL queries.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with WMS is highly desirable.
- Experience writing requirements for mobile applications is highly desirable.