Field-based Systems Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Job ID: 48599
Field Based Systems Engineer
Location: Glasgow / Edingburgh
In this field-based role, you would work as part of our wider technical services team providing technical support skills to customers both on-site and remotely.
At Comms-care we pride ourselves on delivering outstanding service to our customers. This role will give you an opportunity to develop existing skills working on a variety of projects and break-fix calls. You will receive initial training and on-going development.
As a field-based system engineer you will work within the Technical Services team and be responsible for providing the technical support skills to our customers both onsite and remotely.
- Installing and supporting network devices, PCs and Servers for our customers.
- Remote and onsite troubleshooting
- Facilitating customer adds, moves & changes, customer rollouts and other project based installs.
- There will also be an On Call requirement of not more than 1 week in 3.
- Pre-staging of router and switch installations according to documentation
- Installation and support of varied desktop and server estate
- Installation of network equipment at varied customer locations UK wide
- Project based site survey and documentation
- Assist with customer add, move and change requirements
- On-site support of customer faults
- Site visits to assess and swap non-functional equipment
The ideal candidate for the Systems Engineer opportunity will have…
- Extremely well organised with good communication skills and excellent spoken/ written English.
- Experience providing network and PC/ Server field engineering services to high profile customers
- A flexible approach to work and prepared 'go the extra mile' to exceed customer expectations.
- Applies knowledge and skills through handling problems beyond own area of expertise
- Knowledge of the following would be advantageous:
- Cisco, Draytek, Zyxel, Netgear routers
- Cisco, 3Com and HP switches
- 1st/ 2nd line PC hardware and Microsoft desktop and server support
- Desired Certifications
- CompTIA +
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP
- Microsoft MCP/MCSA
Who you are…
- Customer Obsessed: Inherently understands customer needs and provides the best customer experience.
- Team Collaborator: Work across internal and external teams of all levels to proactively support the customer.
- Business wisdom: Understanding of the customers’ business outcomes and how you can support the customer
- Results Driven: Interest in driving customer to their outcomes.
- Effective Communicator: Delivers complex information in a confident and convincing manner, appropriate to a diverse audience.
Comms-care is a leading provider of channel network & server support solutions. We assist over 700 channel partners and support to over 30,000 active support contracts. Comms–care manages all aspects of IT lifecycle, from consultancy, design and implementation to managed services and reactive field support covering technologies such as Routing & Switching, Security, Servers, Desktops, Voice & Unified Communications, and Wireless.
- 23 Days Annual Leave + 8 Bank Holidays
- On-call allowance (1 in 5) and overtime
- Company car & Fuel card, mobile phone & laptop
- Provision of training and support towards Cisco & Microsoft certifications such as CCNA & MCSE
- All expenses paid
- Breakfast & Lunch Allowance
- Get your birthday off!
- Grading structure & career progression
- Contributory pension scheme
- Health care plan
- Various incentives throughout the year and annual company awards night