Sr. Linux Engineer (Sr. Professional)
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 49005
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions.
With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
The Infrastructure Engineer (Linux/UNIX Engineer) is responsible for supporting Ingram Micro’s Linux/UNIX server environment, from design implementation to support; and handling Incident tickets, Service Request and Change Requests. He/she will perform a wide variety of installations; OS provisioning and configuration; patching; security hardening; and upgrading of servers and related hardware and software. He/she will also provide investigation, root cause analysis, diagnostic testing and troubleshooting. He/she will also be highly involved with Infrastructure related projects, solutions engineering and lifecycle management.
What you bring to the role:
- Must possess a Bachelor's/College Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or any related course
- At least 5 years working experience on UNIX or Linux platform platform (Suse, Solaris, AIX, Redhat, CentOs).
- Ability to write advance shell scripts for systems administration and automation
- Advanced abilities in using systems administration tools, commands and processes.
- Ability to resolve problems independently.
- Ability to provide Engineering solutions for complex issues/projects
- Demonstrates integrity and professionalism in taking responsibility.
- Results-oriented and willing to work on new technologies.
- Able to work independently and self-motivated
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Customer oriented and possess Can-Do attitude
- Basic understanding of Project Management
- One or more of SLES, Redhat, AIX - Advance Administration and Engineering skills
- Installation and configuration of UNIX/Linux Operating System (Automated/Non-automated)
- Operating system security hardening, patching, installation and diagnostics
- Shell Scripting (KSH, BASH, PERL etc…)
- Skill in Volume Management (LVM, SVM, Storage Foundation etc…)
- Basic understanding of clustering technology
Preferred but not required:
- Experience in environment provisioning and deployment. (Ansible, BES, Puppet, etc)
- VMWare ESX/vSphere Administration/automation skills
- Intermediate skill in HA/Cluster servers (HACMP/PowerHA, Veritas Cluster)
- Base knowledge of networking
- Advance understanding of storage systems (SAN, NAS, Multi-Path, RAID)
- Experience in Web Administration and/or basic application support
- Understanding of ITIL best practices
- Provide support and engineering for SLES, Redhat, AIX and other OS
- Perform regular server patching and server upgrades
- Handle incident, change and service request that come in to the groups queue.
- Install or assist with the installation of business applications.
- Provide solutions to complex issues/problems.
- Apply configuration change and required fix and patches to meet the ongoing customer, business, and technology requirements.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It is a representation of the things that you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.