Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become one of the world’s largest technology distributors with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
This position is in the Irvine, California corporate headquarters and has the opportunity for hybrid work with up to three days remote per week.
Our Digital teams are on a mission to transform how the products from the largest technology vendors in the world are delivered and consumed. We are looking for a Sr. Product Manager to drive global, mission critical digital experience initiatives. We are looking for a strong and innovative senior leader who can work closely with multiple groups across all levels of the organization to analyze ambiguous tasks and identify opportunities for optimization or automation. In addition, the ideal candidate can work across all functional areas throughout the entire PLM/SDLC, and has the passion, verbal, and written skills necessary to influence all stakeholders throughout their journey.
This role requires both the ability to envision game changing strategies, and the execution skills to make them real. The interpersonal, product, and leadership skills necessary to partner with product leadership to build strong PM practices across the organization is key to success. As we drive the transformation of our business into a variety of XaaS models, the ability to evangelize the vision of an industry running based on services and subscriptions is crucial to create the impact we are pursuing. To accomplish that, you will have to understand current state and use your knowledge and creativity to create narratives for each business scenario as to convey and sell them to our various stakeholders.
Drive the Organization
- Work with business stakeholders to prioritize organizational needs to enhance efficiencies and improve data governance, ultimately resulting in reliable analytics for critical decision making.
- Perform a deep analysis of country-specific business challenges including industry trends, competitive pressures and regulatory or compliance requirements.
- Lead complex technical issues, discern impact, and communicate them to business partners to drive resolution.
- Derive complex financial budgets and payback models to support global decision making and feasibility of digital strategies.
Open Communication & Teamwork
- Responsible for communicating with global senior executives about their business challenges, IT spend and long-term goals while conducting insightful, multi-faceted conversations.
- Partner with executive engineering leaders to solve the toughest IT modernization problems blocking digitalization.
- Demonstrate stellar cross group collaboration and the ability to influence and make decisions in partnership with other teams and external partners.
Deliver Business Results and Customer Value
- Develop global product vision, strategy with senior executives across Ingram Micro, communicate goals, status, and customer impact.
- Manage the product innovation roadmap from inception through implementation; establish success metrics and drive execution.
- Lead the development of disruptive and innovative global strategies to extend Ingram Micro’s digital ecommerce.
- Understand technical documentation, assess scenario feasibility, and help engineers prioritize features based on cost, complexity, performance, and other tradeoffs.
- Lead large scale system enhancements and projects for the Product Engineering organization including project requirements gathering, charters, plans, communications, testing, and liaising with cross functional teams in IT.
- Manage performance of the product portfolio including developing and growing vendor relationships, negotiating contracts, expanding product selection
- Partner with PM leadership to build strong PM practices across the organization
- Responsible for providing mentorship and coaching across a global team of other Product Managers.
- Lead a global team of content writers to create, syndicate, and distribute product content.
- Both hands on and leading team in writing acceptance tests for user stories to indicate whether the story has been properly implemented.
- Manage and initiate system changes and enhancement prioritization for organization in partnership with IT cross functional teams
What you bring to the role:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, or related technical field required
- MBA (or equivalent) from a top-tier institution, or equivalent business experience preferred
- 10+ years of multinational management experience
- 8+ years of relevant product management experience
- Demonstrable understanding of technology enabled digital transformation delivering enterprise-level IT and digital projects
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success
- Analytical skills a must: spreadsheet modeling, pivot tables, Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Strong knowledge and practical experience with business strategy, business modeling, technology strategy, and roadmap planning and scenario analysis.
- Experience in driving large strategic and complex deals or ambiguous global projects, with executive visibility and many critical dependencies.
- Have immense intellectual curiosity, and a high threshold to work within highly complex and ambiguous situations
- Strong track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management with key global partners and vendors.
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.