*This position is in the Irvine, California corporate headquarters and has the opportunity for hybrid work with up to three days remote per week.
Our challenge is to use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, and/or update complex and extremely powerful systems. Our customers and partners need applications that enable them to easily operate and expand their businesses. Ingram Micro is a $50B revenue a year company, with $5B of that revenue going through our team's eCommerce web site.
Ingram Micro is seeking experienced software engineers who can leverage their skill set to grow as part of an Agile SCRUM team. They must be a quick learner and love challenging themselves to constantly raise the bar. This opportunity requires strong problem-solving skills, an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication as they deliver efficient, well designed, and tested software for a positive user experience. Innovative thinking and well-designed products with an emphasis on performance are a necessity to give our customers the best experience possible.
- Hands-on experience with construction of complex engineering solutions and knowledge of methodologies
- Participate in relevant Scrum related events such as sprint planning, retrospectives and backlog grooming
- Deep dive on large product features and be prepared to set the vision, organize and evolve components and subsystems that make up feature
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with product, infrastructure, DevOps, architecture, and engineering to guide an initiative's technical direction
- Stay current with industry standard tools and technologies
- Facilitate the decomposition of business requirements into critical non-functional requirements, use cases and acceptance criteria
- Document designs and create diagrams where need to communicate architecture
- Plan for cloud-based and on-prem infrastructure, estimate costs and collaborate with infrastructure teams to define using infrastructure-as-code based techniques
- Break-down monolithic code and deliver full-stack solutions to create a microservices ecosystem
- Perform risk analysis on work items defined for an initiative
- Meet one on one with tech lead(s) to provide guidance and ensure work is moving towards vision
- Comfortable using templates and shared libraries to create solutions and contributing back improvements
- Comfortable working with no supervision and providing supervision to software engineers
- Evolve the components and subsystems over time with emphasis on introducing new technologies and techniques
- Enable autonomy of agile scrum teams via continuous delivery pipelines
- Collaborate across departments and teams to build solutions
- Understand and contribute to the overall enterprise vision and ensure our products achieve higher levels of maturity as the technology landscape evolves
- Perform feasibility studies and proofs of concepts on new solutions or techniques which may be employed
- Participate in annual architecture summits to understand, define, and update overall enterprise architectural vision to evolve the technical maturity of our products
- Provide architectural expertise for the implementation of key initiatives to Director of Engineering
- Embrace a leadership role by improving effectiveness of agile teams and contributing to the architectural vision and roadmap
- Participate in quarterly architecture backlog reviews and work with product team to define architectural runway and technical debt initiatives
- Proficient in the following:
- General foundation in enterprise computing including networking, infrastructure, virtualization, web tools and technologies, databases
- Object oriented design principles (SOLID), design patterns, enterprise integration patterns, microservice architectures
- Data design, large scale databases, distributed data store technologies
- Multi-tenant SaaS strategies for ensuring horizontal growth of global-scale data stores
- Designing testable systems with built-in quality and the metrics and telemetry needed to ensure reliability and stability
- Infrastructure-as-code techniques, containerization and container composition to define stacks that can be re-created on demand across multiple environments
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or Relevant Science and Math disciplines with an IT emphasis is required
- 10+ years of relevant technical experience in software engineering/architecture
- 4+ years agile/scrum methodologies, SAFe certification beneficial
- Experience implementing enterprise level software applications
- Experience leading engineering teams
- Web Services and serialization, XML, JSON, SOAP, REST
- Unit testing using mock objects
- Design patterns and object-oriented programming
- SQL language and relational database design
- HTML5 and CSS3
- Memory management, performance tuning and profiling
- Experience with Agile Management Tools (i.e. Confluence, JIRA, VersionOne)
- Stream processing with Kafka/Kinesis
- Threading, concurrency and async patterns
- Basic networking and infrastructure
- Some Machine Learning highly recommended
- Basic Cloud-based networking (VPC/Subnet/Routing tables/Security Groups)
- Designing and implementing enterprise level software applications
- API design with OpenApi/Swagger
- Domain driven design
- SOLID and other principles with emphasis on ensuring teams code for testability and maintainability
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.