Ingram Micro helps businesses fully Realize the Promise of Technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in technology solutions, supply chain, cloud and mobility enable its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. Combined with distinct market insights and the trust and dependability generated from decades of strong partner relationships, Ingram Micro stands apart as the global technology services provider for the future.
*This position is in the Irvine, California corporate headquarters and has the opportunity for hybrid work with up to three days remote per week.
Our challenge is to use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, and/or update complex and extremely powerful systems. Our customers and partners need applications that enable them to easily operate and expand their businesses. Ingram Micro is a $50B revenue a year company, with $5B of that revenue going through our team's eCommerce web site.
Ingram Micro is seeking experienced software engineers who can leverage their skill-set to grow as part of an Agile SCRUM team. They must be a quick learner and love challenging themselves to constantly raise the bar. This opportunity requires strong problem-solving skills, an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication as they deliver efficient, well designed, and tested software for a positive user experience. Innovative thinking and well-designed products with an emphasis on performance are a necessity to give our customers the best experience possible.
Key Job Functions/Requirements
- Hands-on experience with construction of complex engineering solutions and knowledge of software development methodologies
- Assumes end-to-end ownership of solutions as part of Agile SCRUM team, which includes assisting in development of testing automation and other key quality aspects
- Partner with product owners and other Agile SCRUM team members to determine new features and user stories
- Participate in code reviews to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate
- Assist in establishing and supporting coding standards
- Engage in all Agile ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstrations, and team retrospectives
- Exhibits DevOps mindset where Agile SCRUM team is accountable for product from inception to sunset
- Respond to support incidents for production applications in order to make quick repair to prevent application outages
- Create and/or update documentation to support development efforts. Documentation may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams and/or design documents
- Share knowledge among members in Agile SCRUM team
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and effective collaboration in a team-oriented environment
- Aptitude for learning new technologies and concepts
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Able to translate customer and business needs to technical solutions
- Resilient to change
- Establish User Personas in collaboration with Product Management
- Comfortable working with little to no supervision and providing supervision to associate engineers
- Mentor and train other Software Engineers
- May be asked to participate in Quarterly Architecture Summits
- Take the lead on challenging software engineering projects
- Proficient in the following:
- Unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, C#, etc.)
- Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis
- Application of design patterns
- Application of non-functional software qualities such as resilience, maintainability, etc.
- Applying behavior-driven testing techniques
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Proficient in C# .NET, VB.NET
- Proficient in ASP.NET Web Forms, MVC and Web API
- Experience with .NET Core and Microservices
- Experience with LINQ, Generics, Lambda expressions, extension methods, attributes
- Experience with ORM Frameworks (Entity Framework, NHibernate)
- Experience with IoC containers e.g. Autofac, Unity, MEF, Ninject
- Experience with Web Services and serialization, XML, JSON, SOAP, WCF, REST
- Experience with Unit testing using mock objects
- Experience with design patterns and object-oriented programing
- Experience with SQL Server and the SQL language
- Familiar with React or Angular JS
- Experience with HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience with Memory management, performance tuning and profiling
- Experience with Agile Management Tools (i.e. Confluence, JIRA, VersionOne)
- Experience with Queueing
- Experience with threading, async patterns and TPL/TAP plus .NET thread safe collections
- Experience with SCM including branching and merging
- Experience with Engineering and Implementing enterprise level software applications
- Experience with leading engineering teams
- Familiar with basic networking and infrastructure
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.