Associate III, Purchasing-IND
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 49136
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 64 countries and more than 35,000 associates.Position Summary:
What you bring to the role:
- Responsible for purchasing of products and services to meet company requirements and maintain appropriate inventory levels.
- Negotiates best deals with vendors and ensures adherence to quality and delivery standards.
- Interfaces with multiple internal departments to resolve discrepancies related to invoicing, shipments, etc.
- Buyers may specialize in a specific area (e.g. services, IT products, etc.) or functional support (sales).
- Support personnel manage the paperwork and purchasing systems transactions to ensure adherence to procedures.
- Seasoned individual contributor.
- Works under limited supervision for routine situations.
- Provides assistance and training to lower level employees.
- Problems typically are not routine and require analysis to understand. Makes minor adjustments to working methods.
- Explains practices, procedures and policies to reach agreement wit others outside of the job area.
- Provides administrative or technical support at a senior level.
- Proficient in the various competencies relevant to their job.
- May act as a lead or mentor to more junior technical or administrative support personnel.
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- Generally works independently within established procedures associated with the specific job function.
- Normally receives little instruction on daily work.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
- May be informal team leader.
- Two year college degree or equivalent experience and minimum 3 year experience in functional area. OR High School Diploma or equivalent and 5 years functional experience, preferably at a senior level.
- Has substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.