Sr. Professional, Infrastructure
This job posting is no longer active.
Williamsville, NY, United States
Job ID: 49557
Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
What you bring to the role:
- Designs and develops IT architecture (integrated process, applications, data and technology) solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards; performs technical planning, architecture development and modification of specifications; develops specifications for new products/services, applications and service offerings; assesses the compatibility and integration of products/services proposed as standards in order to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies.
- Provide highly skilled technical assistance in network planning, design and architecture
- Identify and diagnose complex problems and factors affecting network performance
- Hands-on and remote configuration of network devices including routers, switches, load balancers and firewalls.
- Develop network design, documentation, and implementation plans for various network convergence projects
- Responsible for leading network infrastructure design to deliver new solutions. They exhibit a high level of competency in sustaining current systems and delivering best practices.
- Ensures that technical performance aspects in the infrastructure environment are optimized and is independently capable to remediate network and server deficiencies.
- Understands how network hardware and technologies work and is capable of leading a team of less knowledgeable infrastructure professionals to deliver new solutions or to maintain existing ones. They manage the host environments such as VMWare, Cisco, Citrix, SAN, and blades, etc.
- Four-year college degree (or additional relevant experience in a related IT field).
- Minimum 5 years functional experience including a minimum of 2-3 years of specific experience in providing advanced to expert infrastructure design and support as defined above.
- Certifications such as CCENT, CCNA and CCNP are highly desired.
- 3-5 years of experience with Cisco networking technologies in both LAN and WAN environments
- Experience with LAN design including IP allocation and summarization, network segmentation, and VLAN definition and implementation
- Expertise in many of the following protocols and technologies:
STP, RSTP, TCP/IP, IP, 802.1d, 802.1x, 802.1q, DS1/3, PIMv2, 802.11a/b/g/n, IPSec, 3Des, AES, PEAP, LEAP, SNMP, DNS, DHCP, NHRP/DMVPN
- Seasoned professional individual contributor.
- Works independently with limited supervision.
- May manage projects/processes.
- Coaches and reviews the work of lower level professionals.
- Problems faced are difficult and often complex. Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
- Provides solutions to a variety of complex technical and business matters.
- Will champion significant projects, programs and business initiatives using demonstrated creativity and ingenuity.
- May assist more junior staff members with aspects of their job.
- Incumbents provide a leadership role for the work group through knowledge in his/her area of specialization.
- Generally free to determine work priorities based on general direction from managers. Specialist in technical or business skills. Individuals with a customer focus have developed the acumen to cultivate and develop lasting customer relations.
- Ability to make significant contribution to processes and systems.
* This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
*Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
* Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.