Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 40 acquisitions since 2012.
The primary function of this role is to develop and execute SAP automated test scripts and identify and document defects. Those automated executions include both positive and negative testing as well as the required activities to identify and prepare test data and generate reports once it is completed. The automated executions and defects get documented using the Micro Focus ALM toolset implemented by IM.
The QA Analysts will ensure that the appropriate scripting code is written to address the testing needs provided by the QA functional team. It includes designing, testing and supporting scripting code-based MF ALM (aka HPQC), UFT, and Load Runner technology.
Test cycles supported include Functional Acceptance Testing (FAT), Integrated System Testing (IST), Regression Testing, Performance Testing and Volume Testing among others.
All defects created need to be followed on with the respective functional experts and the IM SAP COE and drive towards its resolution. All the actions performed, root cause of the problem, workarounds and final resolution should be documented in the toolset as part of the defect.
Suggests improvements to the existing portfolio of test cases, including additional test cases, steps, validation steps, test coverage, etc. Recommends improvements to the methodology and toolset as well. Creates and maintains test scripts in MF ALM (aka HPQC).
Collaborates with the different teams involved on the E2E execution even on cases where steps need to be performed by legacy teams and systems. Those teams and system might be internal or external.
Supports the activities to have an accurate management of testing metrics and reports. Shares experience conducts training and supports colleagues to collectively increase the knowledge of the group.
QA Application Testing and Analysis
- Excellent Knowledge to Identify SAP Master and Transactional Data according to a provided Selection Criteria. This data will be used to run test cycles in Non-Production systems.
- Excellent Knowledge and understanding of SAP Reporting and Analytics solutions which meet business requirements.
- Very Good Depth of the SAP Solution and ability to Execute Test Scripts Manually for at least one Process Track: OTC, P2P, SCE, FIN, BI.
- Depth of the SAP Solution and ability to Execute Test Scripts Manually between multiple Modules and Process tracks will be desired, including understanding of integration points
- Knowledge of the Toolset used by Ingram Micro (MF ALM (aka HPQC), UFT, Load Runner)
- Excellent Knowledge to Execute Automated Test Scripts and successfully troubleshoot them when technical issues arise
- Excellent Knowledge and Experience to Develop Test Scripts for UFT and/or Load Runner
- Excellent Knowledge to Identify Defects on the Solution even beyond the script requirements and steps
- Knowledge to Troubleshoot and Resolve Solution Defects
- Ability to clearly documenting defects and its resolutions as well as Test Execution Status reports
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, work both independently and as a team, strong customer service focus
- Problem solving skills, ability to analyze and solve complex business problems
- Ensures appropriate traceability is retained and documented between Test Cases and Requirements.
- Uses Toolset (ALM, UFT, Load Runner, SAP Solution Manager, SAP Test Application and Optimization, MS SharePoint Portal, Service Now, and other related tools) to document and track the testing portfolio, requirements, plan, execution and defects.
- Ensures all products including in deployments and releases are appropriately covered by the test cases. It includes S/4, ECC 6.0, GTS, SCM, BI, BRIM, Web Sites, EDI, XML, their APIs and legacy applications used by Ingram Micro as part of the Application Portfolio among others.
- Supports and adheres to current IM Global Development and Deployment Methodologies and Standards
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related Science and Math discipline with an IT emphasis is required.
- Previous work experience: Minimum 2 years’ experience desired in SAP QA testing.
- Strong management and analytical skills. Possesses a very good understanding of specific business unit(s) functions, business processes, products/services, and general operations.
- Participation in E2E SAP Global Deployment Cycles
- Experience in Testing SAP environments
- Ability to work with diverse, multinational groups via conference calls and manage deliverables out of those sessions.
- Experience and skilled use of automated testing tools such as Micro Focus ALM (HPQC), UFT and Load Runner.
- Ability to create and implement automated testing environments.
- Strong experience in identification and automation of test cases/test scripts.
- Ability to analyze results and create detailed testing assessment documents.
- Writes and communicates moderately complex program test specifications.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Web Browsers and Project.
- Ability to work across multiple international time zones with offshore teams as needed.