Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become one of the world’s largest technology distributors with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
Location: This is a hybrid work environment, the employee has the option to work from home and the corporate headquarters in Irvine, CA.
The Sr. Manager Global Data Governance will support the establishment and implementation of the Enterprise Data Governance framework focusing primarily on metadata, data quality, stewardship, policies, and procedures. The Enterprise Data Governance Manager collaborates with a variety of cross-functional partners, including the Data Governance Committee, data stewards, data engineers, software engineers, and other stakeholders to monitor and assess adherence to data management and governance procedures to drive business decisions. By working with the stakeholders within each business area, the Manager, ensures data definitions and business rules are written, approved, implemented, and maintained in appropriate Data Governance tools.
- Collaborate with the Data Governance Committee, data stewards, data delivery teams, and other related teams to operationalize enterprise-wide data governance, control, and compliance policies and procedures.
- Co-lead the coordination and development of new data domains and business data stewards across the enterprise to increase adoption of data governance principles and best practices.
- Coach and train data owners, data stewards, and other stakeholders on best practices, standard approaches, and tools to improve data quality and stewardship.
- Measure program compliance through metrics reporting, ensuring adherence to policies, standards, and principles.
- Define governance policies for certified data sets, discovery zones, published zones, intake and prioritization, data access and usage, report rationalization, and data retention.
- Identify and define future data governance use cases. Align work streams with the enterprise data intake and prioritization process.
- Troubleshoot data governance-related problems (e.g., data definition conflicts, business rules conflicts, changes in quality metrics, etc.), gain approval and escalate, as/if necessary.
- Create and manage metadata by working with stakeholders to document business glossary terms, data dictionaries, KPIs, relationship mapping, and data lineage.
- Drive resolution of source, definition, naming, and business rule conflicts among consuming metadata tool and data domains.
- Lead implementation of Data Governance tools (e.g., Data Catalog, Metadata) including managing third party implementation partners.
- Coordinate Metadata scanner configuration activities with data delivery teams.
- Monitor data quality initiatives owned by the data domains, identifying issues and trends, implementing data controls, and overseeing remediation activities.
- Collaborate with data owners, data stewards, and technical stakeholders to develop and maintain data quality scorecards to report on the quality of data across the organization.
- Facilitate the documentation and approval of data quality guidelines and targets.
- Engage in the ongoing and detailed evaluation and monitoring of data quality, integrity, accuracy and consistency.
- Develop and present opportunities for enhancing the data quality to data governance leaders and business stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in business administration, business analytics, or computer science
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 9+ years of experience in related, progressive roles
- 7+ years of experience in data governance, data management, metadata/master data management, data quality, policy creation, data standards and controls.
- 5+ years of people management experience or experience in roles showing progressive leadership.
- Experience working across functional levels in a mid-size or large organization and with outside consultants and advisors.
- Ability to bridge business and technical concepts.
- Ability to communicate successfully with stakeholders at all levels to successfully build consensus, influence without authority, and get decisions implemented.
- Project management experience
- Proficiency in PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Reporting Platforms such as Qlik-sense, Power BI and Tableau or other similar systems
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with Informatica, Collibra, or other similar Data Governance tools
- Experience creating and documenting policies and procedures.
- Health IT industry knowledge
- Exposure to big data concepts (Snowflake, Hadoop, Cloudera, Hortonworks, etc.) and BDE and AWS environments
- Experience in the development of training material and delivering training to user groups of 30 or more
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.