Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become one of the world’s largest technology distributors with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
*This position is in Irvine, California and has the opportunity for hybrid work with up to three days remote per week.
The Global IoT organization is an entrepreneurial team and a fast-paced work environment. The Sr. Manager, Product Management will be responsible for strategy and global product roadmap for IoT and connected networking products and services for enterprise markets. As a product leader, you must be able to see the vision, set a path to get there, and lead and influence others to achieve our goals. You will be responsible for building and leading a high-performance team of product managers with a deep understanding of full product lifecycle from voice of customer, market research, product management, user experience, and software development processes (especially agile). People management and leadership skills are essential for the successes of the role. Team building, Cross Functional Collaboration, Accountability, Ownership and Defining Success Criteria are some of the key qualities required for this position.
- Lead product strategy and vision supported by internal data and external analysis.
- Identify the right vendor ecosystem, and the right in house IP opportunities.
- Define creative, high quality, simple product requirements and roadmaps based on product strategy.
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support requirements.
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key partners.
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver products to market using agile development methodologies.
- Stay current and report on industry trends, including new opportunities, competitor capabilities, etc.
- Measure and analyze existing products and business models for opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to developers and customers.
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor's Degree required; Engineering or equivalent degree and MBA preferred
- 8+ years of relevant product management experience – with 3 + years of people management experience, preferably managing through direct report managers.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new technology, and complex workflows.
- Ability to interact with Engineers and Designers on technical topics to identify best possible decisions.
- Ability to define, track and act upon KPIs
- Outstanding communication skills
- Strong knowledge and practical experience with product management, business strategy, technology strategy, and roadmap planning and scenario analysis.
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization
- End-to-end product strategy to delivery
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition.
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product.
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product.
- Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing architectural concepts, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
- Demonstrated the ability to lead high-performance teams, and have deep understanding of product management, user experience, and software development processes (especially agile).
- Ideally, you will also have experience in IoT, networking or connected products.
- Highly analytical, able to work effectively across teams, and thrive in entrepreneurial, fast-paced work environments.
- Good understanding of various business models – CaPeX, OpeX, Subscription, Leasing etc.
- Desire and ability to build Product management Center of Excellence and a team of product managers.
What sets you apart:
- Experience with digital transformation using emerging technology.
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills; demonstrated success building buy-in for an innovative and bold vision.
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; strong bias towards data-based decision making and comfort with pro-forma financial and operational analysis.
- Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; comfort responding quickly to rapidly evolving threats and opportunities.
- Strong bias for action; willingness to roll up the sleeves and ability to juggle multiple priorities to create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Recognizes that product development is a team sport; Has a strong team-orientation.
- Personal passion for (and early adopter of) emerging technologies and committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge.
*Position may require travel
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.