Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Vendor Business Manager (US Security Vendors)
About the Team:
The Security Vendor Management team is responsible for managing all our top US Security Vendors. We are a 7 person team. We have 30+ managed vendors.
Vendors include: McAfee, Mimecast, among some small others
Your role as Vendor Business Manager:
- Develop and facilitate profitable partnerships and strategic management of the vendor relationship
- Develop business plans and drive business for various Audiovisual Vendor Partnerships
- Recommend new opportunities for incremental sale
- Offer feedback on the competition
- The Vendor Business Manager is accountable for the profitability of assigned vendor line(s) and business segments or projects
- Provide input on promotions, product launches, and suggestive selling
- Responsible for managing purchase discounts, automated cost over-rides (ACOP), vendor rebate funds (VRF) and rebate collections
- Negotiate terms and conditions, rebate structure and, buy-in and deals
- Determine parameters for inventory stocking strategy, the return of the product, forecasting, payment decisions, Excess & Obsolete inventory management, and priority allocation
- Serve as elevation point for buybacks and customer return allowances
- Negotiate terms and conditions
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree desirable or equivalent work experience
- Five plus years related industry experience
- 3+ years of experience focused on Security and/or Networking solutions preferred
- Knowledge of financial modeling and forecasting
- Knowledge of technology products and distribution channels
- Knowledge of Ingram's business practices, processes and systems is a plus
- Knowledge of general computer applications required. Proficiency in Excel Required
- Strong negotiation skills – must be an influencer
- Proven sales skills and working experience in developing business plans required
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and understand/communicate complex financial data.
- Ability to implement recommendations and see projects through to completion
Four year college degree (or additional relevant experience in a related field). Minimum 8 years functional experience including a minimum of 5 years position specific experience.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.