Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in technology solutions, supply chain, cloud and mobility enable its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. Combined with distinct market insights and the trust and dependability generated from decades of strong partner relationships, Ingram Micro stands apart as the global technology services provider for the future.
WHO IS INGRAM MICRO?
Ingram Micro touches technology around the world daily, accessing almost 80% of all IT. We're a leader in technology solutions, cloud, lifecycle services, and commerce and fulfillment markets. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 64 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 35 acquisitions since 2012.
The Inventory Control Manager provides senior leadership, direction and strategy for the Inventory Control team that will enable and facilitate the execution of the outlined operational deliverables. They will also be responsible for developing and progressing key customer relationships and operational partnerships necessary to drive and support an atmosphere of continuous improvement and operational excellence as it relates to inventory control management in two facilities, Rancho Cucamonga, CA and Ontario, CA.
• Ensure inventory accuracy and shrink are monitored and reported timely to site leadership
• Maximize the performance of the site inventory processes and system to ensure: care, custody, and control of customer inventory
• Accuracy (to floor and customer book)
• Proper utilization of information technology
• Provide required documentation in support of compliance requirements
• Manage the planning and execution of proactive and reactive cycle counts in compliance with the contractual service level agreement
• Develop, implement and validate procedures, controls and systems that prevent, detect and correct errors in inventory transactions and balances
• Apply continuous improvement initiatives to drive process, inventory accuracy, compliance, on-time completion, within budget, documented results
• Design and generate appropriate reporting to track inventory accuracy, shrink compliance, and variance root cause trends
• Maintain thorough knowledge of internal and customer systems in order to provide extensive support to operational team as well as the customer for inventory and production related issues
• Ensure proper identification and repackaging of damaged product with regard to disposal or the return to inventory as damaged merchandise.
• Develop labor plans and equipment needs budget for review with site leadership.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent or 4+ years related work experience in inventory control, logistics, or related discipline
• 3+ years logistics industry experience
• 3+ years supervisory or management experience - IC Supervisory role, unit pick environment
• Deep and broad understanding of Inventory Control, its financial and operational impacts.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office with ability to create and analyze complex spreadsheets using Excel.
• Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills, attentive to details, work well under pressure and able to meet deadlines required.
• Must possess demonstrated ability to work as a team member, handle confidential matters in a professional manner, and lead and influence others to accomplish operational objectives.
• Must possess excellent written and verbal skills, ability to embrace and promote others' ideas, motivate employees, build and maintain working relationships and stay focused.
• Must be able to flex hours as needed.
• Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, and crouch.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.