Sr. SCCM Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
Taguig City, Philippines
Job ID: 49780
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
- Experience as a global technical lead for System Center Configuration Manager projects. Ingram Micro has a rapidly expanding WAN with over 300 sites.
- Large scale SCCM Design and Operations (2012 R2, 2016 preferred)
- Significant experience with delivery optimization using BranchCache (Distributed Cache and Hosted Cache) design principles (especially with Windows 10)
- Experience designing and supporting large scale (global and regional) OS patch operations. Ability to trouble-shoot and mitigate complex WAN issues related to patch replication and deployment.
- Expertise with SCCM data summarization and reporting. Ability to create custom SCCM reports to support compliance standards such as Sarbanes-Oxley and PCI.
- Expertise with InstallShield or other software packaging products and software deployment planning at scale.
- Experience deploying and operating System Center Endpoint Protection
- Tanium for Endpoint Management
- Deployment and operational management experience.
- A desire to become a company Tanium SME (training provided)
- Microsoft Windows Server/Client and Active Directory technical expertise
- Experience troubleshooting software and OS deployment on Windows operating systems with an emphasis on Server OS.
- Expertise with Active Directory as it relates to SCCM (AD sites, group discovery, computer collections, etc.)
- Experience working with distributed teams to plan and execute global changes.
- Scripting, Automation, and Configuration Management
- Experience writing complex PowerShell scripts to support automation.
- Experience writing scripts to parse local and remote log data. Ability to leverage scripting to quickly assess and resolve problems.
- Experiencing creating PowerShell Advanced Functions and PowerShell Modules (or a strong desire to learn these technologies with demonstrated prior script work.)
- Expertise with network equipment (Cisco preferred), protocols, and trouble-shooting
- Demonstrated experience working with complex TCP/IP networks.
- Ability to independently perform analysis of systems and applications using tools such as Microsoft Message Analyzer, WireShark, and Fiddler.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Ability to create and deliver presentations using Microsoft Power Point
- Ability to extract, transform, and pivot large amounts of data using Microsoft Excel and PowerBI.
- Experience creating multi-page reports, operating procedures, and other documentation using Microsoft Word.
Additional Required Experience:
Disclaimer *The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time or as necessitated by business demands.
- A consultative approach to projects. This position will be the subject matter expert for SCCM and Tanium projects and will be required to accurately document requirements and develop clear execution plans.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to create and deliver presentations to IT leadership.
- Design, development, implementation, and maintenance of large-scale systems, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms
- Working knowledge of IT Service Management framework and/or ITIL concepts and practices.
- Experience designing complex computing infrastructure solutions in a large-scale data center environment.
- Expert knowledge of virtualization concepts and design principles.
- Extensive experience with performance analysis, tuning and optimization.
- Understanding of operational challenges and dependencies as they relate to infrastructure decisions.
- Sensitivity to security best practices as related to infrastructure and application architectures