Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
*This position is in the Irvine, California corporate headquarters and has the opportunity for hybrid work with up to three days remote per week.
Ingram Micro is seeking an experienced Principal Software Engineer who can leverage their skill set to grow as part of Global Supply Chain Systems Development team. Join our highly motivated and talented team and play an integral role in building a state-of-the-art warehouse management system for Ingram Micro warehouses across the globe.
- You will be responsible for transformative changes to our architecture and drive technical strategy.
- Act as a technical liaison between business, development teams, and support.
- Designs, develops, implements, and maintains major and/or mission critical applications.
- Accepts individual responsibilities and meets commitments while delivering value to application solutions and customer/user requests.
- Works with business/operations team and/or business analysts to understand requirements and how they affect the system.
- Create technical design documents/solution to match the requirements. Documentation includes detailed specifications, architecture diagrams, and/or low-level design documents and implementation guides.
- Review code and ensure coding standards are met.
- Work with other development teams or SMEs for application development or integration across the globe and align development tasks with them.
- Provide status in a timely manner and stay on top of all assigned tasks.
- A high level of commitment is expected due to the costs of projects and regular tight deadlines, particularly in small to large-sized projects.
- Understand and implement best practices.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related Science and Math discipline, or equivalent combination of education and job-related experience.
- Have 5+ years of experience working in a technology driven organization including a minimum 2-year position specific experience.
- Coding Languages: Pro*C and C/C++, COBOL, SQL, JCL, IMS, DL/1, CICS
- Database: IMS, DB2, SQL, Oracle
- Knowledge of Supply Chain, distribution, logistics industry is highly desirable
- Knowledge of Blue Yonder TMS is highly desirable
- Ability to review requirement document and write a detail technical design document.
- Performs efficient and effective analysis to resolve technical issue which include development of solutions for application programs within primary application knowledge.
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency.
- General proficiency with various tools, systems, and procedures required to accomplish the job.
- Capability to balance team and individual responsibilities, exhibiting objectivity and openness to others' views, and giving and welcoming feedback.
- Strong organizational and task management skills with an ability to work independently and/or with a variety of subject matter experts.
- Travel Opportunities (must be willing to travel internationally, as based on business need)
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.