Manager, IT Operations-PHL
This job posting is no longer active.
Taguig City, Philippines
Job ID: 49757
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions.
With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
The role will require the candidate to prioritize and schedule computer operations and workflow so processing equipment and other IT resources are used to their full capacity.
- Analyze production, maintenance, and malfunction records to identify problems and recommend solutions (e.g., changes to procedures, workflow, or equipment) to improve performance and increase the capacity.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend equipment purchases to enhance the capabilities of computer operations.
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop computer operations staff to ensure computer operations activities meet pre-established production targets and operating budgets.
- Liaise with functional or operational area managers to understand their current and future information needs and develop plans, cost estimates, and schedules for integrating these needs into existing operations.
- Select, and manage ongoing relationships with, vendors and suppliers (e.g., data entry providers) to ensure the organization receives satisfactory standards of service.
- Manage the team that provide support to the organization's internal users of computer applications and hardware (e.g., PCs, servers, mainframes); answer questions regarding system procedures, online transactions, systems status and downtime procedures; collaborates with network services, software systems engineering and/or application development in order to restore service and/or identify problems; maintains a troubleshooting tracking log ensuring timely resolution of problems.
The Manager drives service improvement, efficiency, automation initiatives and engagement with other infrastructure/application teams. He/she takes full accountability of projects owned by his/her teams ensuring appropriate resourcing, and tasks are delivered within standards in a timely and cost - effective manner.
Monitors KPI, addresses service gaps as such requires to be a strategic/tactical, result oriented, action driven and has a keen eye on process optimization.
Owns performance development of direct reports – covers periodic 1 to 1 conversation, technical and business skills development, and individual development plans. Participate in periodic Management meetings, strategic planning, business review and executive level discussion (when required).
What you bring to the role:
- Graduate of any IT-related 4- or 5-year course. Post-graduate degree is a plus.
- Willingness to work on shifting schedules, on-call and on-site (when needed).
- Experience in managing large and multi-cultural teams and partners.
- At least 3-5 years’ people management experience, hands-on team members working on server administration, network, applications support, etc.
- Strong attention to detail is required.
- Strong ability to spot and resolve gray areas, and edge and corner cases is required.
- Strong ability to anticipate implicit business requirements is required.
- Detail oriented, able to work effectively under deadlines in changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Able to work independently and with a collaborative team-oriented environment using sound judgment in decision making.
- Updated knowledge of IT technologies listed above and ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Sensitivity to security best practices as related to infrastructure and application architectures.
- Demonstrated competency in supporting global systems and Service Management best practices (ITIL certified).
- Very strong communication skills for both written and verbal, with strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It is a representation of the things that you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.