Senior Associate, Accounting (Inventory)
Taguig City, Philippines
Job ID: 50164
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012. Responsibilities:
Perform intermediate to advanced level finance functions as it relates to reviewing, researching and managing in a timely manner a larger/more complex portfolio of vendor claiming programs.
Build working relationships with key vendor contacts to actively reduce claim aging by ensuring timely payment and resolution of denied or unpaid items
- Processes to include, but not limited to: downloading claiming data, preparing vendor
- templates, reviewing claim details and making sure claiming deadlines and terms and
- conditions are met
- Post vendor credit memos in Impulse, apply credits amounts to open claims at the
- line/serial level, research discrepancies and re-file or dispute claim items within vendor
- Prepare and submit write-off packages for any denied claim items. Identify risk, escalate to
- management timely
- Assist other claiming associates as assigned.
Assist in monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes, including booking monthly journal entries in Oracle and preparing GL account recons, including researching and resolving issues.Identify areas of improvement within the processes or tools used for claiming and reconciliation, including taking lead of identifying improvements to Access databases used for vendor claiming and reconciliation and helping to promptly resolve any database issues that occurAssist in special projects as needed, including maintenance of training and process documentation, performing research for chargeback requests for the Top100 team.
- Participate in vendor conference call meetings to discuss and resolve open claiming items
- and assist in negotiating settlements for outstanding claiming issues as needed
- Update and distribute claiming and exposure reporting
Qualifications and other Requirements:
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
- Work experience of 3 to 5 years in AR or general accounting
- Preferably graduate of any Finance/Accounting related course of at least 4-year degree
- Experience in accounts reconciliation and financial reporting
- Strong presentation and communications skills
- Knowledge and skill using a large ERP financial system (e.g. PeopleSoft, SAP, etc)
- Must be willing to work in nightshift permanently
- Capable to work from home temporarily (with stable internet connection)