Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
Calling all leaders in JDA (Blue Yonder) subject matter experts! From day one, you’ll see why so many team members love coming to work at Ingram Micro, with a hybrid work schedule, highly competitive salary and great opportunities for advancement.
The Blue Yonder Expert is responsible for maintaining and advancing an optimized planning system through configuration and processes to maximize financials with increased planning accuracy that supports achievement of company goals. SCOPE OF THE FUNCTION INCLUDE:
- Thought leadership
- Technical liaison
- Optimizing planning across multiple business units, warehouse, and network locations.
Consulted by the planning team and partner teams as a trusted advisor on advanced planning system knowledge. The role will work cross-functional projects and prioritize technology enhancements.
SCOPE OF THE ROLE:
- Advanced JDA Demand and Fulfillment configuration and process understanding.
- Builds and leverages strong planning knowledge and application acumen to support planning and partner teams.
- Stays abreast of planning development and best practices by attending key user conference, knowledge sessions and active benchmarking with other users.
- Develops and provides perspective to leadership and teams regarding relevant planning developments including knowhow of upgrades and new tools and the benefits of applying these developments to IM planning.
- Document key practices and methodologies to support longer term knowledge building and knowledge transfer.
- Develops and leads internal knowledge sharing process to support strong user acumen, regularly offers insight to best practices in knowledge sharing for less experience team members.
- Consulted as a resource for training strategy and planning changes and updates as needed.
- Provides engaging and inclusive planning vision on projects internal and external to planning, ensuring advanced considerations for demand and supply planning.
- Awareness to IM’s Planning as a Service offerings and configurations.
- Actively contribute and support the Planning Center of Excellence.
- Problem solving to develop new solutions, methods or systems that result in a major impact on department's overall success.
- Interface with planning associates to understand and validate strategic and tactical objectives and requirements.
- As needed work with cross-functional teams to coordinate and streamline requirements.
- Assess and determine solutions to meet objectives then confirm impact of proposed solutions to influence outcomes and provide recommendations.
- Execute configuration, testing and analyze results to ensure performance meets goals then implement changes or translate an efficient and effective integration between functional and technical specifications.
- Engage planning management to secure decision to ensure alignment on involved planning changes.
- Act as a support contact between planning associates, system consultants, and technology teams to prioritize and resolve system issues.
- Monitor system issues for larger trends and partner to develop plans to address as needed.
- Drive change and continuous improvement by influencing how we support and manage the technical planning portfolio.
- Work with business and technical teams to define business needs and translate needs into business requirements and innovative, value-added solutions.
- Consulted on or develop and administer appropriate processes, timelines, and allocation of resources to ensure projects are completed efficiently.
Four year college degree (or additional relevant experience in a related field). Minimum 5 years functional experience including a minimum of 4 years position specific experience working with Blue Yonder (JDA).
- Ability to translate technical information into clear communication to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to consult and provide reasoning for complex business problems.
- Practical application of analytical and technical tools and approaches.
- Develop a thorough understanding of planning systems.
- Proven ability to think critically, solve problems and communicate effectively to diverse audiences.
- Ability to manage ambiguity, drive change and continuous improvements.
- Desire to influence peers and leaders as it relates to technology needs and requirements.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.