Technical Services Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 43655
About the Role:
The Network/Security Postsales will report to the Technical Services Manager / assigned Team Lead while supporting Singapore sales and product teams. While maintain your domain knowledge, you will be expected to work jointly with other presales/postsales in other domain areas to complete and deliver a full working solution/ architectural design for the project(s). You will be a part of the teams to drive incremental services growth for the organization.
Role and Responsibilities
- Able to provision, deployment, configuration, and administration of many different pieces of network and security-related hardware and software. These include firewalls, routers, switches, various network-monitoring tools, and virtual private networks (VPNs). On-perm or Cloud resources
- Able to keep strong relationships with consultant, partner, and vendors to maintain upgrades, installations, and planning alongside exploration of new features and innovative solutions
- Able to evaluate, test, and troubleshoot technologies when new technologies are onboard
- Provide technical support for resolution of customer problems, incidents, issues, requests, and queries
- Liaise with other support teams, or product teams as required to resolve requests/issues in a timely manner
- Ensure proper documentation and notification
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- At least 3 - 5 Year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position
- Candidate must possess at least Diploma/Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma in Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication), equivalent
- Holding any Professional Certification of Azure, AWS, GCloud etc is a plus point
- Enterprise firewall experience – experience configuring and managing enterprise firewalls and gateway devices is important in this role
- Communication skills – it’s crucial that network security engineers have the ability to communicate network security issues to peers and management clearly and effectively
- Adaptability – network security engineers typically work as a member of several teams, which requires flexibility and adaptability. Candidates interested in this role should be comfortable working in a matrixed IT environment
- Problem-solving skills – it’s the network security engineer’s job to solve problems. Security incidents can happen at any time and it’s expected that these engineers will research, escalate, and resolve issues effectively
- Required/Prefer Skill(s) not limited to the followings:
Palo Alto, Cisco ASA/Switches, Juniper, Citrix, McAfee, Checkpoint, Trend Micro (any of these would be advantageous).
- Good understanding of SIEM, IDS/IPS, basic Wintel/Linux OS system
- Ability to work under pressure and after office hour