IT Business Analyst - Daventry
This job posting is no longer active.
Daventry, NTH, United Kingdom
Job ID: 50305
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 64 countries and more than 35,000 associates. Position Summary:
SCOPE & PURPOSE:
- Reporting into the UK IT Manager, the IT Business Analyst will be responsible for understanding changes requested by the business or direct from customers, capturing the requirements, working with the stakeholders, Ingram Micro IT teams and other contacts as required to define and document the functional specification, the system/process flows, the build tasks and testing approach.
- A very detailed understanding of the business, the business processes and systems used to enable them is essential along with creating process flows, learning to configure systems and performing hands on system configuration.
- Strong analytical skills are required for manipulating data, probing issues, providing insight and assisting IT teams to resolve operational and customer incidents within agreed SLA’s.
- Assisting the project delivery team by providing clear delivery tasks and milestones for all IT solutions and ensuring the team understands, clearly communicates progress and immediately raises any issues with regard to delivery commitments.
- Supporting the business with user acceptance testing and implementation rollouts in the production area.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES (IN SUPPORT OF THE COMPETENCY FRAMEWORK AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENT):
- Creation of Functional specifications, System/Process flows, Task lists and Test cases.
- A very detailed understanding of the business, the business processes and systems.
- Performing hands on system configuration
- Strong analytical skills
- Providing clear delivery tasks and milestones for all IT solutions
- Supporting UAT testing and implementation
- Assisting IT teams to resolve operational and customer incidents within agreed SLA’s.