Technical Project Manager
Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become one of the world’s largest technology distributors with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
*This position is in the Williamsville, New York office and has the opportunity for hybrid work with up to three days remote per week.
Ingram Micro is seeking a talented and highly motivated Technical Project Manager whose primary function is to drive Solution deployments to production and coordinate end-to-end testing activities, manage cutover and postproduction support for Flexible Subscription Engine (FSE). FSE is a solution composed of different systems and this position is necessary to coordinate activities across all systems part of this solution. This role will require driving complex cross-functional matrix teams operating across the world. This opportunity requires strong problem-solving skills, an aptitude for team collaboration, and open communication as they deliver efficient, well-designed, and tested software for a positive user experience. Innovative thinking and well-designed products with an emphasis on performance are a necessity to give our customers the best experience possible.
- Own and oversee the cutover planning, coordinate end-to-end testing (IST, UAT, and other test cycles), Cutover, and Hyper care for the complete FSE portfolio of products and initiatives.
- Responsible for managing FSE deployments/cutovers and post-release activities including post-go-live support and transition/handover to operations for ongoing support.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams and coordinate the test cycles and test cycle signoffs. Track, monitor, and report defects for timely resolutions to close the test cycles on time as planned.
- Develop cutover plans, secure approvals for deployment, orchestrate the cutover, coordinate postproduction validation
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in communicating cutover plans, aligning with delivery leads to coordinate cutover dependencies and approval processes.
- Effectively communicate the deployment activities, and report progress, set up periodic checkpoints to keep all stakeholders. Ability to huddle up key resources in case of emergency, create and run war rooms to resolve critical incidents.
- Coordinate tracking of incidents during different deployments with responsible team/track leaders to ensure proper closure.
- Ability to interact with business SMEs, support teams, and engineers on production incidents to identify and communicate the best possible solutions, and dates of incident resolutions.
- Enable a culture of creativity, collaboration, speed, innovation, and excellence while continuously elevating the quality and caliber of our organization
- Communicate effectively with team members, internal, and external customers. Work across teams and across geographic boundaries to ensure seamless integration of the overall solution.
- Constantly improve the processes and practices. Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new technology, and complex workflows.
What you bring to the role:
- BS, MS, MBA or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical discipline, equivalent work experience will be considered.
- 7+ years of experience as an Integration lead with sound knowledge of technical deployments and deployment workflow processes managing cutovers for complex systems.
- 7+ years of leadership experience in managing Postproduction Support, and Incident management, Project management, managing complex cross-functional teams across the globe.
- 5+ years of experience in coordinating end-to-end system integration test cycles or User acceptance test cycles.
- Experienced in working with Business and IT groups to stabilize and operationalize the features in production.
- Experienced in various software development life cycles, including Agile / Scrum.
- Experienced in Agile tools (ALM) like Jira and collaboration tools like Confluence or MS Teams, PPM tools like Planview, or others.
- Experience in working with DevOps is a plus
- Experience in working on enterprise SaaS cloud-based solutions is a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a proven ability to build productive cross-departmental relationships. A positive, can-do attitude is a must
- Technical expertise that enables meaningful conversations with business SMEs, Engineers, and support teams.
- Strong people management and collaboration skills
- Must have strong analytical skills, communication skills, written, and verbal skills.
- Experience in working with C-Suite leadership, reporting status.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Professional demeanor
- Works effectively in a team setting
- Agile Mindset and works efficiently across distributed teams
- Aptitude for learning new technologies and concepts
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Manage several activities in parallel
- Excellent coordination skills and Servant leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to translate customer and business needs to technical solutions
- The natural ability to be a champion for change
- Team building, Cross-Functional Collaboration, Accountability, Ownership
- Technical knowledge of .NET and Java-based applications, APIs, TIBCO, CRM, SAP BRIM, and integration with modern-day SaaS solutions.
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.