Sr Manager-Business Operations
This job posting is no longer active.
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Job ID: 50150
Why work at Ingram Micro China
- Ingram Micro is a global leader in technology and supply chain services, enabling business partner to maximize the value of the technology that they make, sell or use. We help over 250K business partner and 2000 vendors operate more efficiently and successfully in the market they serve.
- For Sr Manager – Business Operations, the role will serve as a solutioning analyst to China Business Operations team, while driving process & tools optimizations and improvement programs across China internal supporting functions, including HR, Finance, Shared Services, etc. S/he will partner with China Software Development team for localized solutions, and regional IS team for enterprise system solutions. Will be able to solve complex internal system-related challenges and propose/drive technical solutions, including country workflows and vendor programs. S/he will lead cross-functional discussion and influence all decision makers with both short-term and long-term solutions. S/he will leverage LEAN principles to standardize, simplify, and sustain process & tools impacts for internal functions in China.
What you will be doing?
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Lay out internal system portfolio (local and enterprise) leveraged in China, including local tools, enterprise tools, etc, based on personal & process efficiency;
- Identify and manage business outcome (KPI) to drive program success and business efficiency through IT tools and data;
- Liaison between the business/end users and IT systems development teams for business needs requiring IT based solutions;
- Make recommendations for solutions or improvements to business processes that can be accomplished through technical solutions;
- Research business requirements and document the relationships between the components of the application system (i.e., end users, business processes, data, applications, and devices), and analyze downstream/upstream system & data flow impacts; define scope, objectives, and lay out phase-approach improvement roadmap for China internal function teams.
- Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and prioritizing feature requirements for China, especially with main focus in China and Hong Kong; lead IMPulse Eco-System related programs with global COE and China;
- Assess Impulse foundation readiness per each country’s operations and process, while considering business structure and users’ knowledge;
- May play a key role in training employees on application, database, and operating systems;
- Support country in strategically aligned with global technology roadmap and adopting global enterprise solutions, while providing localization requirements for compliance and productivity;
- Manage large and complex strategic transformation projects, including translating and documenting business requirement, process and solution design contribution, and lead UAT and link with IT service to continue improving IT service level;
- Delegate and coach junior team member to complete less-complex projects and assignments.
What you will need to succeed?
Education & Experience
- BS in computer science, mathematics, CIS/Information Systems, or related field
- With minimum 8 years functional experience including a minimum of 5 years in project management, 3 years in ERP deployment experience, 2 years in functional user trainings/facilitation, 1 year in LEAN or Six Sigma
- Ability to build strong knowledge foundation of Ingram China business processes and operation insight; be able to navigate/identify RACI among business and IT, country, region, and global teams
- Ability to learn Ingram’s mainframe eco-systems, and serve as a technical SME to China functional teams on ERP features and screen functions
- Ability to drive IT tollgate end-to-end with IT teams and functional teams
- Clear communication skills in both English and Chinese
- Ability to work across different time zones
- Align/Pivot IT quarterly executions to business priority and operational benefits
- Ability to manage complex programs independently without much of supervision, and coach/mentor junior members in the China IT team
- SAP Hana knowledge a plus
- Middleware knowledge a plus
- Value-Stream Mapping Experience a plus
- ITIL knowledge a plus
- Distribution Industry knowledge a plus, especially in technology distribution
- < 10% of travel time
- Solid shareholder management
- Strategic & Global Mindset
- Team Work & Motivation
- Collaboration & Influence
- Clear Thinker
- Result-Driven & self-starter
- Accountability & high say-do ratio