Senior Content Copywriter
Chennai, TN, India
Job ID: 49254
The Content Copywriter is responsible for formulating, researching and writing copy for digital, print and social materials, including eBooks, white papers, case studies, sales/marketing collateral, web content, presentations, articles, ads and blogs. Works closely with Management, Project Managers, Art Directors and/or clients to determine the strategy, tone, style and key message of projects; collaborates on concepts; and produces copy that meets the agreed-upon tone, style, message and established deadlines. Presents drafts as required. Collaborates with peers to build teamwork, ensure smooth workflow, and maximize resources and productivity. Maintains knowledge of information technology industry, and Ingram Micro client strategies.
Responsibilities, Supporting Actions & End-Results
Conduct meetings or presentations to explain, negotiate or persuade.
- Write and edit marketing materials, primarily eMail and subject lines, but also may include eBooks, white papers, case studies, sales/marketing collateral, web content, presentations, articles, and blogs
- Write content across a variety of writing styles and tones, both formal and informal
- Write content in accordance with various style guides including AP and Chicago
- Identify thought leadership campaigns and generate compelling content that supports specific demand generation efforts
- Collaborate with technical and creative teams to ensure production of materials and content is effectively created and delivered to the market through the appropriate channels
- Assist with the development and communication of the content roadmap and editorial calendar for AIM
- Enhance AIM’s content styles and ensure the message is consistent and optimized for consumption across the right channels – online, email, social media, video, print, and in-person
- Measure and track content being consumed and use those insights to enhance future content road-map decisions
- Creative problem solving where the development of new solutions, methods, and systems will result in a major impact on the department’s overall success.
- Implement your own recommendations and see projects through to completion.
- Analyze current methods and procedures, recommend and implement improvements.
- Ability to communicate effectively by telephone and in group meetings and discussions. Ability to give and receive information accurately.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures accurately; to organize facts and figures; apply basic arithmetic.
- Participate in meetings to give and receive information several times a month.
Job Qualifications and Educational Requirement
Guidelines: Provide the education, experience, skills, and competencies necessary to perform the position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; primarily in English
- Demonstrate the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of individuals
- Experience and excellence in interviewing subject matter experts, taking detailed notes, and translating interview data into original, authentic, and compelling copy
- Experience working as an active participant within an agile environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and follow-through
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage time and prioritize efforts
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Open to growing as part of a team; ability to take direction and be taught
- Knowledge of current and technology, social, and vertical market trends
- Experience with InDesign, WordPress, Google Analytics, and/or Adwords a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or Journalism with English as a language
- 4-8 years of related experience
Guidelines: Provide the IM Competencies necessary to perform the position.
- Change Agent
- Collaboration & Influence
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Results Oriented
- Strategic and Global Mindset
- Customer Mindset Top of Mind