Description Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become one of the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
A pivotal member of the Internal Audit team, the SOX Program and IA Systems Manager is responsible for the oversight and execution of the program which evaluates internal controls over financial reporting program in accordance with the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act and PCAOB standards and managing and maintaining the newly implemented Workiva/Wdesk platform for SOX and Internal Audit.
This role will oversee the financial and technology risk and internal control universe and perform the world-wide SOX risk assessment, scoping, program management and reporting that drives results, accountability, and value for the company. They will support global teams in their efforts to execute an efficient and effective risk-based SOX program.
The SOX Program and Systems Manager will manage the Workiva/Wdesk platform to maximize its benefits, identify improvement opportunities in existing processes, and drive standardization and efficiency. They will help the internal audit team and other users further design and build worldwide reporting and dashboards to enhance organizational transparency and accountability over SOX and Internal Audit programs.
In carrying out these responsibilities, the SOX Program and Systems Manager will use their experience and curiosity to innovate and implement progressive change to keep the SOX and Internal Audit programs aligned with best practices. They will collaborate with internal stakeholders and external auditors and must be able to identify, prioritize and execute against key organizational initiatives
- SOX – Global Program Management
- Support the strategic direction and operational requirements for the company’s Internal Control over Financial Reporting (ICFR) program by coordinating with program participants and business control owners.
- Manage the end-to-end SOX compliance program from risk identification, assessment, process/location scoping to program management, issue management (impact, tracking, remediation), and world-wide reporting.
- Act as a central point of contact and subject matter expert on internal controls over financial reporting and assist with internal control over financial reporting standards and regulations compliance.
- Consult the business on designing controls where gaps may exist.
- Establish/maintain a risk and control matrix for all in-scope processes and locations and ensure control rationalization.
- Establish standards for testing/sampling methodology, documentation and templates and monitor the adoption of these standards.
- Develop the SOX testing execution plan and calendar including resources for testing and review in coordination with global internal audit team.
- Coordinate between external auditors, internal resources and internal business process owners to drive alignment on SOX planning, walkthroughs/testing, audit requests and deficiency evaluation.
- Educate business process and information technology control owners on their compliance requirement responsibilities.
- Drive the efficiency and effectiveness of the SOX program through continuous improvements in standardization, optimization, and automation.
- Support the external audit function and effectively communicate with the external auditors.
- Responsible for oversight and controls testing execution for some corporate processes.
- Prepare management (including SOX Steering Committee) and Audit Committee materials highlighting SOX progress and results, delivering timely and concise management reporting illustrating SOX status, trends and deficiency remediation.
- Workiva/Wdesk Administration
- Serve as the SME for Ingram Micro’s Workiva workspace (SOX and Internal Audit) functionality and capabilities.
- Liaise with Workiva/Wdesk to identify and implement system enhancements.
- Troubleshoot internal support requests and facilitate vendor support requests as needed.
- Authorize access requests and evaluate platform security and permissions as needed. Periodically review platform access for appropriateness.
- Monitor and maintain master data quality.
- Design custom Workiva/Wdesk reporting.
- Mature SOX and Internal Audit processes using Workiva/Wdesk, updating or creating training materials and conducting supplemental training sessions as needed.
- 7-10 years of experience in an audit function or exhibiting an exceptionally strong background in some other relevant and applicable area of finance.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting or related field required.
- Audit professional certification preferred - Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Audit (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
- Proficiency with Office suite (Excel, Outlook, Teams, Word, PowerPoint)
- Previous experience with the Workiva/Wdesk platform or other audit management software a big plus.
- Strong project and team leadership skills as well as the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to think critically and communicate complex and technical information.
- Proven ability to collaborate, influence and drive for results at all levels of the organization.
- Results oriented with the ability to direct or manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effective communicator, knowing when and what to communicate with relevant stakeholders to ensure no missed opportunities and/or no surprises.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and adept at learning new technologies
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP accounting concepts and principles, as well as IFRS and Sarbanes Oxley 404 experience preferred.
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.