Ingram Micro’s mission is to help businesses fully realize the promise of technology. No other company delivers the full spectrum and scale of global technology to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in platform technology, cloud and mobility enable our customers to operate efficiently and successfully in an increasingly digital economy.
With the launch of our Global Cloud Marketplace, Ingram Micro Cloud is changing how business is done in the Cloud. We are a master cloud service provider (mCSP), empowering organizations to configure, provision and manage cloud technologies with confidence and ease.
We’re in search of a Senior Infrastructure Engineer who can seamlessly combine technical knowledge with business requirements to manage our cloud platform needs, including infrastructure design, maintenance, support, planning and everything in between.
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you are expected to have expertise in building and managing highly available cloud solutions and services, with a strong inclination towards security and automation. This individual will work with various departments to design and deploy new platforms and services as well as maintain existing platforms and services.
- Subject Matter Expertise – you will act as an engineer and SME in the Cloud Infrastructure space. Your industry experience and knowledge of cloud technologies will be used to provide incident resolution, solution design, and continuous improvement opportunities
- Strategy and Roadmap – you will provide engineering consultation and leadership for various solutions aimed at strengthening and maturing our enterprise
- Build and scale infrastructure that powers multi-billion-dollar platform
- Configure and deploy cloud services using automation and orchestration techniques
- Drive initiatives to enable best practices across infrastructure, deployments, automation, and accessibility
- Utilize exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they transform into problems
- Collaborate with various cloud teams to understand their needs and promote best practices
- Establish, maintain, mature platform security by following established security and data protection procedures
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 6 to 8 years of relevant industry experience in a large-scale cloud infrastructure environment
- A clear understanding of cloud technologies and offerings from Azure or AWS
- Familiarity with containers and infrastructure-as-code principles
- Experience with automation frameworks/tools like Git, Jenkins, Terraform and Puppet
- Problem solver with excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to make sound, complex decisions in a fast-paced, technical environment.
- Deliver results by doing what it takes to get things done on time
- Work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with strong teamwork abilities
- Ability to demonstrate leadership in technical decision making and design, mentor more junior resources
- Ability to follow change management process and security procedures.
- Proficient in container ecosystem – docker, Kubernetes
- Experience working with Git, Terraform, Puppet or Ansible
- Experience working with IaaS/Cloud services of Azure or AWS
- Experience working with configuring and troubleshooting, Linux systems Redhat or Debian
- Scripting experience – python, shell or PowerShell
- Webservers & Databases – Apache, MySQL, PostgreSQL or IIS & MS SQL
- Experience working with backup and monitoring tools such as Azure recovery vault, Velero, Zabbix, Prometheus, APM systems (Dynatrace or DataDog)
- Understanding of network routing, switching and load balancing technologies
- Experience building systems to scale
- Able to work in a very fast-paced environment and provide significant contributions both individually and as part of a greater team.
- Able to learn and adapt to new services, systems, and technologies in a dynamic technical infrastructure.
- Writing and maintaining technical documentation
Nice to have:
- Cloud / Networking / Linux certifications
- Experience with reviewing and implementing security best practices in compliance with industry regulations (PCI-DSS, HIPPA, EU Data Privacy laws, etc.)
Due to COVID-19, our office associates are currently working from home. Keeping in mind the overall health and safety of our associates and candidates, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely
Ingram Micro is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer, with a focus on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. We consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition Specialist/Job Poster and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. We will try our best to make these accommodations. Please do not include any medical or health information in this email.