Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
*This position is in the Irvine, California corporate headquarters and has the opportunity for hybrid work with up to three days remote per week.
This position is responsible for ensuring reliability, performance and availability of the SAP application platform to support business strategy, vision and goals. The role includes hands-on delivery of SAP technical work, project and team leadership and mentoring other teammates.
This Principal level role is the SAP Basis Administration Subject Matter Expert:
Broad understanding of SAP Basis administration to include and not limited to:
- Perform SAP Installations, Configurations, Parameter Updates, and Upgrades
- Perform Performance Tuning, System Sizing, and System copies
- Apply OSS Notes, Support Packs, Support Pack Stacks, Add-Ons, and Enhancement Packs
- Monitor and Administer Batch Jobs, System Health, and System Performance
- Provide Day to Day SAP Basis support and maintain 24x7 System availability
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Proactively perform troubleshooting and root cause analysis of issues to resolution
- Provide Operations support for SAP Systems and Technical Infrastructure, including Transport Administration
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with SAP Application owners, IT Infrastructure, Server Support, and Network Teams
- Identify opportunities and develop solutions to automate and improve efficiency of overall SAP environment
- Stay current with Industry Emerging Technologies, Products, Services, Protocols, and Standards
SAP Basis Process and Methodology Understanding:
- Understanding of Development methodologies and experience in collaboration with ABAP development teams.
- Comply with established level of service and support on SAP/ECC 6.0 systems to corporate users to ensure minimal system downtime.
- Works closely with other Basis and platform (e.g. UNIX, Linux) team members to optimize performance and troubleshoot problems. Uses performance monitoring tools to work with application developers to identify and correct inefficient data base operations.
- Serve as a resource to IT Business Analysts, customers, and ABAP Developers in designing, configuring and implementing an SAP system supporting business and operational needs.
- Recommend and initiate change requests as needed to support business rule changes and enhance system functionality.
- Submit summaries of change control and status reports regularly.
- Duties include resolving and analyzing SAP problems and documenting and implementing solutions or work-around.
- The responsibilities also include supporting the SAP team during system testing, interacting with functional business analysts to define and clarify system specifications.
- Actively participate in system design, as well as develop formal system test, CM, and release processes.
- Select automated system monitoring, CM, and release tools, and develop baseline support plans and procedures.
- Conduct formal system testing and track test discrepancies and coordinate resolution plans.
What you bring to the role:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science and Math or related technical discipline is required. A graduate degree in Technology, Business or Management is preferred.
- 7 – 10 years of continuous relevant technical experience in SAP Basis Administration, with at least 3+ years SAP architecture, including SAP NetWeaver platform, or Master’s degree plus 4+ years’ of relevant experience.
- Thorough knowledge of SAP system installations and administration, as well as good understanding of the SAP architecture and multiple application modules including SAP NetWeaver platform knowledge.
- Experience with S/4 HANA implementation, migration and support. Should be able to independently architect, provide requirements and work with infrastructure team to build new HANA systems.
- Experience with HANA backup and restore, HA and DR setup, System Copy/Refresh and patching.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux required for SAP implementation and support.
- Design, development, implementation, and maintenance experience with large-scale systems, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms.
- Good communications skills including strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of high availability concepts with practical experience and implementation of key components (databases, application servers, fault tolerant systems, cluster server/software, etc.).
- Understanding of Operational challenges and dependencies as they relate to infrastructure decisions.
- Ability to work across multiple international time zones with offshore teams as needed
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.