Sr. Network Engineer (Sr. Professional)
This job posting is no longer active.
Taguig City, Philippines
Job ID: 50184
Description Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
The Network Engineer is responsible for the lifecycle and maintenance of Network devices Globally making sure that all the devices are complying within the supportable Hardware/IOS/Firmware versions (upgrades, patching, decommissioning etc.). The person is also going to be responsible in tracking down the maintenance contracts and licenses of the network devices from all sites. Candidate will also help operate and maintain various tools and application necessary to manage Ingram Micro assets.
- Must possess a Bachelor's/College Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or any related course
- At least 5-year Network experience
- Demonstrates integrity and professionalism in taking responsibility.
- Able to work independently and self-motivated
- Good documentation skills (network diagrams, process flows, knowledge base, etc.)
- Ability to communicate clearly with a wide range of people such as peers, managers, customers, and vendors via phone or email.
- Knowledgeable in wide array of Network and security devices such as (firewalls, routers, switches, wireless controllers, etc.)
- Experienced working with different third-party Vendors and Support
- Been exposed to life-cycle management activity such as network equipment firmware upgrade and hardware replacement.
- Licenses or certifications: CCNA or CCNP (preferred)
- Hands on experience in managing various networking tools such as monitoring, configuration management, Cisco Collector etc.
- Excellent personal computer skills including desktop computing systems hardware and software.
- Experienced handling and leading maintenance support and activities
- Advance technical experience on Network Systems Administration (Cisco routers, switches, wireless, firewalls, load balancer, SDWAN etc.)
- Advance skills and abilities in using network systems administration tools, commands, and processes.
- Clear understanding of DNS, DHCP, VLAN, SDWAN, routing, switching and various network security concepts
Preferred but not required:
- Technical writing skills
- Scripting/automation skills (Python, Ansible)
- Understanding of ITIL best practices
- Administrative experience in handling network monitoring tools such as Solarwinds, IPAM etc.
- Perform Lifecycle Management of Network devices globally
- Perform maintenance activities and apply patches to all Network devices globally
- Enforce infrastructure standards and guidelines
- Collaborate with Global Network OPS and Engineering and other support teams
- Work with different vendors to manage licenses and maintenance contracts
- Own and manage customer issues and see problems through to resolution.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
- Continually improves the networks infrastructure by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency.
- Maintains inventory of equipment and parts as well as documentation of configurations, standards, and vendor activities