Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
*This position is in the Irvine, California corporate headquarters and has the opportunity for hybrid work with up to three days remote per week.
The IoT Software and Connectivity Lead will lead the strategic planning, development, and execution of Ingram’s IoT product vision. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor and build a new capability to be extended across the company portfolio.
- Plan, coordinate and manage the design and development of smart products and IoT solutions from the core product through cloud architecture and apps.
- Establish a foundation of technical excellence within this new team. Provide technical leadership and collaborate with cross functional team members to understand product requirements and address the complete IoT solutions technology roadmap.
- Collaborate with contract and external firms in the execution of roadmap projects, while building and developing a team internally to eventually support all new and existing IoT initiatives.
- Introduce and incorporate new processes, tools, and team culture necessary to aide in the development of IoT products.
- Identify current and future connected technology trends; aligning immediate roadmap needs with long-term company vision.
- Work closely with other senior leaders in shaping the strategy and execution to help evolve as technology and business needs constantly change.
- Remove barriers faced by the team, through fostering strong stakeholder communication and relationships with a continuous focus on the big picture.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 5-10 years of product development experience.
- 5 years minimum experience in the smart products & IoT area.
- 7+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java/C++/C# including object-oriented design or any js technologies like Nodejs, Reactjs, etc.
- 5+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Proven track record of developing and commercially launching innovative IoT solutions.
- Technical knowledge in IoT Platforms, embedded hardware and software, connectivity, cloud architecture, visualization tools & techniques and other IoT technical areas.
- People management and consumer products background preferred.
- Strong technical product expertise in connected products, IoT and software development.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and ability to lead diverse and cross functional groups, including outside vendors.
- Ability to successfully lead across organizational boundaries, including strong relationship management skills.
- Proven project management and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Organizational/business knowledge.
- Knowledge of AWS, GCP, MS Azure or similar cloud computing platforms is a plus.
- Experience working in DevOps or on open-source projects is a significant plus.
- Demonstrated problem solving and debugging skills.
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.