China IT GM
This job posting is no longer active.
Shang Hai, China
Job ID: 50151
Section 1: Why work at Ingram Micro China
- Ingram Micro is a global leader in technology and supply chain services, enabling business partner to maximize the value of the technology that they make, sell or use. We help over 250K business partner, and 2000 vendors operate more efficiently and successfully in the market they serve.
- For China IT GM, the role will lead a team of both experienced professionals and managers, including business operations managers, technical BAs, software & RPA associates, and infra/network talent, in order to enable the country with tools, technology, data, and backbone foundation to transform China with digital capabilities, operation tools, and analytics.
- This role will report directly to China CCE & SVP for stakeholder value delivery and business outcome alignment, and duel-report directly to APAC CIO for day-to-day operation, performance, and solutioning/IT/digital delivery.
Section 2: What you will be doing?
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Strategic IT Planning, Stakeholder management, & Business Solutioning
- Business Solutioning for GTM functions and all internal functions, by analyzing sales & operations process across functions and proposing right technical solution and system impact-analysis on processes and efficiency
- Support and drive revenue programs through data and tools, with vendors and customers
- Run IT project intake & enhancement governance and rhythm with stakeholders and China SLT
- Leverage LEAN or Six Sigma methodology, to lay out a end-to-end and multi-year plan to improve process and tools for China
- Server as the technical SME to China SLT, while addressing system & process impacts.
- Lay out internal system portfolio (local and enterprise) leveraged in China, including local tools, enterprise tools, etc, based on personal & process efficiency
- China IT Operations, Tools/Systems and Solutioning Design, and Lean
- Enable China infra/network/IT Ops/Data Center with lagging-indicator management (KPIs) and leading-indicator management (Risk Metrics), manage completeness of CMDB at the country level, support global enterprise deployment and initiatives with last-mile support and baseline analysis, partner with both global and regional IT team members to enable technical and digital roadmaps, and leverage lean methodology to enable standardization, simplification, and scaling/sustain-ability.
- Map out employee experience journey, especially for Go-To-Market personas, and define/execute a simplification journey for tech stack streamlining. Transform IT support model and service for China business, establish AppOps and DevOps practice in China, train/upskill software team with agile methodology, continuous improvements, and solution architect competencies
- People Management
- The leader will manage a team of 16 IT talent across China, plus contractors. Baseline/assess technical competencies across team members and lay out a roadmap to sustain China’s both short-term and long-term growth needs. Recruit, Retain, and develop talent. Foster a culture among China IT team and enhance collaborations with peers and global COE teams.
Section 3: What you will need to succeed?
- BS in computer science, mathematics, CIS/Information Systems, or related field
- With 12+ years of experience in country-wide or region-wide IT/technology management experience, 5+ years in people management and talent development, 8+ years in enterprise system deployment, infrastructure/IT Ops, and software development, and 6+ years in strategic planning and business partnership.
- Proven leadership in building both short-term and long-term IS capabilities and competencies, to support country growing demands
- Proven leadership in business operations, LEAN or Six Sigma certified a plus
- Proven leadership and experience in large enterprise system deployment
- Proven leadership in partnering with senior leaders as well as all levels of employees. Ability to map out employee journey based on persona-needs/wants
- Proven leadership and management experience in day-to-day IT operations, including sites, employees, assets, etc.
- Provide guidance to team members, plan and manage country IT budget (Op Plan and Actual), and manage and deliver both global and China programs
- Technical competent and experience in infra/network/server domain, agile software development, cloud (AWS, Azure), middleware, database
- Establish processes and guidance for China country digitization intake, prioritization
- Seasoned experience in matrixed management organizations with proven ability to manage and drive implementation and change
- Experienced in managing IT budget including capex and opex management, and contract negotiation.
- Ability to recruit, retain, and develop talent, as well as manage contractors
- Ability to manage business pressure, while delivering solid software products and services to end users
- Strong leadership and clear thinker
- Strong management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills in both Chinese and English a must
- Lean certified a plus, especially in Value-Stream Mapping
- PMO certified a plus
- ITIL knowledge a plus
- Willing to travel up to 20%, when needed
- Strategic and Global Mindset
- Team Work, and Motivation
- Build Trust and Accountability
- Collaboration and Influence
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Strong executive presence with outstanding communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong business acumen