Technical Account Manager- Cisco
This job posting is no longer active.
Scottsdale, AZ, United States
Job ID: 49745
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) is the trusted advisor who engages our partners and sales organization to provide technical enablement that drives growth and development. The TAM makes Ingram Micro an indispensable business partner through collaboration with reseller and vendor partners.
- Technical Account Managers are responsible for maintaining relationships with vendor and reseller partners, addressing their technology needs as well as finding opportunities for new business.
- Technical Account Managers must be able to understand the needs and goals of reseller partners and use that to introduce the company's products and services.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with vendor contacts, reseller contacts, and internal associates.
- Maintain a deep understanding of vendor solutions and speak with customers about the most relevant features/functionality for their specific business needs.
- Provides presales solution design consultation to reseller partners and internal sales associates
- Responds to customer inquiries regarding company products, features, and/or services.
- Researches, documents and communicates recurring technical issues.
- Manages a diverse and complex scope of support issues. Solves complex support issues effectively. Escalate as necessary for confirmation of solutions or other options as needed. Assesses customers’ needs and recommends appropriate service offerings to proactively address.
- Will provide escalated support based on the complexity of the technical need.
- Associates in this job maintain technical knowledge acquired from experience and industry-recognized technical certifications.
- May be expected to travel up to 10 percent of the time – this can include trade shows, vendor training, or reseller partner locations.
What you bring to the role:
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
- We are looking for dedicated, ambitious, and self-driven Technical Account Managers who will work closely with our customers, build relationships with them, and help them achieve their technology goals and/or overcome technical challenges.
- Candidates will be established and productive professional individual contributors.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills with an ability to create and present technical material to non-technical audiences.
- Candidates can independently work on moderate to complex projects.
- A four-year college degree (or additional experience in a related field) and 3 years functional experience including a minimum 1-year position-specific experience.
- Will need to achieve CCNA certification if you do not currently hold or in pursuit.
- Knowledge of Networking, Security, Collaboration or Data Center a plus.