Professional, Java Developer
India | Tamil Nādu, Chennai
Position at Ingram Micro
- Modernize/Re-engineer the current ODS Java environments.
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain programming enhancements.
- Operational support for the Java components
- Additional responsibilities:
Maintenance and operational support of the IBM MQ Managers/queues.
Maintenance and operational support of the IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise.
Design, develop, deploy, and maintain Oracle PLSQL programming.
- Participate in maintaining/enhancing the ODS database schema (Oracle 19c)
- Contribute to development of operational reports
- Provide application support for ODS dependent applications.
- Competence and comfort with Java programming
- Familiarity with PHP, Python, or Scala
- Familiarity with frameworks such as Spark, Storm, Hadoop
- Familiarity with design languages and methodologies such as SQL, PLSQL, J2EE, Agile.
- Patience and perseverance to overcome challenges
- Gather requirements accurately and prioritize tasks and document development details.
- Analytical skills: Detail oriented with ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and author detailed development solutions documents.
- Organizational skills: Ability to work with the vast array of information gathered and organize the details to easily consumable way to all key stakeholders.
- Team skills: Works well with others; delivers positive energy to the team
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience preferred
- At least 5+ years of Java development experience
Knowledge that’s a Plus:
- Python, PHP, or Scala programming
- PLSQL programming
- SQL programming
- Oracle DDL/DML
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.