Description Technical Marketing Associate – Networking w/Citrix focus (Field/remote)
Our company, Ingram Micro, touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 40 acquisitions since 2012.
About the Role:
Are you looking for a fast-paced, associate-focused culture, with accelerated career path opportunities? Are you technically inclined, charismatic and enjoy sharing what you have learned in creative and compelling ways? Then look no further because you’ve found your next opportunity. We’d love to talk with you to see if we’re a good fit for each other!
This role is part of our Partner Technical Enablement (PTE) organization. The PTE team exists to help our reseller customers build and/or enhance their practice by leveraging new and emerging technology solutions. In this role, you will build your expertise in an assigned technology category and share what you learn about the technologies / vendors / solutions / services / & resources available to both internal associates and external customers.
As a Technical Marketing Associate, you will leverage what you know and contribute to our go-to-market approach by helping to create various digital assets and intellectual property (IP) that positions Ingram as a thought leader in the channel. This IP may include but is not limited to the creation of:
- Documents/flyers (e.g., Sell Sheets; White Papers; Case Studies; etc.)
- Social media posts
- Presentations (e.g., PPT decks)
- Resource Guides / Playbooks
- Newsletters & email blast content
- Excellent communication skills
- Technical aptitude and ability to learn
- Customer support experience within a field of technology is preferred
- This role will focus on partner enablement and technical marketing of within and across the Cybersecurity technology portfolio. Specifically: Networking solutions (w/a Citrix focus);
- Basic knowledge of Cybersecurity products and technologies is required. For example, familiarity with firewalls, VPNs, networking hardware & software; data center & end-point protection solutions, relevant professional and training services, etc.
- CompTIA Security+, CISA, CISSP or other Cybersecurity certifications preferred but not required.
- Solution Architecture / Engineering background is beneficial.
Your Typical Day:
- Advancing your knowledge and building your subject-matter expertise by attending training; vendor presentations; conducting research online; completing courseware; etc.
- Learning the value proposition, sales positioning, and technical differentiation of each of your assigned vendor responsibilities
- Serving as a resource guide and subject matter expert to Ingram Micro’s customers while exhibiting exceptional customer engagement skills and a Get-To-Yes attitude
- Incorporating comprehensive presale, post-sale and professional services & training elements as components of full-solution sales messaging
- Demonstrating the importance of making your value visible
- Demonstrating time management & project-management skills, and functioning as a highly productive & self-sufficient associate
- May act as a vendor lead/point of contact
- High school education required
- Three years (minimum) related experience in the following: Cybersecurity or Network technician, Technical Sales, Customer service
- Technical certifications preferred (CompTIA Security+, CISA, CISSP, etc.)
- Skills in: keyboarding, MS Office Suite (Word & Excel), basic sales skills, time management; good communication skills (written & verbal) excellent listening skills
- Ability to: learn complex proprietary systems; to work as a team member or independently, to relay/share information accurately.
Why Ingram Micro:
- Comprehensive training
- Opportunity to begin a long-term career with unlimited growth and advancement with a stable and growing organization!
- In-Office/remote hybrid work model
- Medical, vision, dental insurance – we even have options for your pets!
- 401k with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Great in office/ remote culture
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.