Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
The Senior Cost Analyst will provide financial and operational accounting leadership, support Reverse Logistics and Repair services, and ensure appropriate accounting and controls for the Fort Worth site for the Reverse Logistics & Repair line of business within Ingram Micro’s US Life Cycle Services business unit. This role is a business partner role to the US ITAD/RL business team, providing key commercial and financial support so the team can make appropriate decisions and implement strategy to drive the business and meet objectives.
As part of the wider US ITAD/RL finance team, the role will provide support to all finance functions (GL/accounting, AR, AP and Corporate) and working on cross functional projects as necessary.
Flexible working schedule (currently working hybrid)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be the go-to contact for any financial issues on the RL business at the Fort Worth site
- Day-to-day interaction with Operations business partners and leadership teams
- Work with site leaders on strategic objectives, identifying opportunities to meet those goals
- Work with the leadership team and site Operations team to support creation of the annual budget plan for the site and weekly/monthly performance and forecast updates
- Provide analysis/metrics on performance
- Support the teams to produce executive slide decks/communications
- Monthly spend reviews with site leadership
- Prepare ad hoc support and cross functional working as necessary
- Proactively network with stakeholders as appropriate to strengthen relationships and provide senior finance assurance and insight
- Analyze various types of financial transactions to ensure compliance with internal controls and company policies
- Ensure monthly closing duties are performed by deadlines, including preparing journal entries, reconciling accounts, and producing and distributing reports
- Analyze financial results and provide concise explanations for variances
- Partner with the business to communicate variances, understand the drivers and hold business team members accountable
- Complete required accounting journal entries at month end to ensure parts inventory is accurately migrated from parts system to core financial system
- Be the go-to contact for financial issues on inventory parts transactions and system
- Ensure appropriate accounting and controls over inventory at Fort Worth site
- Lead the monthly review of inventory balances and work with the procurement and commercial teams to ensure proper reserves for Excess and Obsolete inventory
- Finance support on inventory costing issues
- Provide support to complete internal and external audits
- Review vendor payments for 3-way match
- Assist in the documentation, evaluation, and remediation of control infrastructure to ensure compliance with SOX and SOC-1 requirements
- Assist with systems integration as needed
- Support other project work as necessary
- Embrace system/reporting enhancements and drive standardization/automation where possible
- Create and embrace a business partnering mindset
- Continuously review processes throughout the business ensuring that they are fit for purpose and mitigate business risk
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA in Finance or Accounting.
- 5+ years of applicable finance and/or accounting experience
- Working in a matrix management structure would be highly desirable
- Extensive networking and building relationships
- CPA/MBA preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Advanced skills on Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Use of data warehouse systems (OneStream, Hyperion, Power BI, BW) advantageous
- Excellent communication and influencing skills at all levels
- Self-awareness, emotional intelligence, appreciation of different styles and approaches required
- Strong personal values. Comfortable providing support and making decisions based on values
- Strong leadership and stakeholder management skills
- A high level of accuracy and great attention to detail
- Strong management skills and able to comfortably manage competing priorities
- Able to think outside conventional parameters and have a long-term vision
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.