Maintenance Supervisor, Distribution Center
This job posting is no longer active.
Carol Stream, IL, United States
Job ID: 51090
Join our new location and new team we are building in Carol Stream, IL! We offer outstanding development and growth plan for your future, competitive compensation, benefits package and a great team!
INGRAM MICRO FUN FACTS:
- Ingram Micro does $49 Billion in revenue
- We ship 1.5 billion units per year
- We have 189 logistics centers and service centers worldwide
- Operations in 59 countries with 35,000 associates covering 6 continents
- 250,000 IT solution provider customers
- 2,000 manufacturer partners
- 1 out of 2 mobile devices are distributed in our warehouse
- Reports to the Senior Maintenance Manager
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of company facilities.
- Estimates labor/materials costs for construction repairs and developing facilities plans.
- Acts as liaison with external vendors and suppliers.
- Reviews and estimates design costs, labor, materials and other related costs in facility planning.
- May develop criteria and performance specifications for facilities and equipment to meet unusual operating requirements and building and safety codes.
- Responsible for reviewing, enhancing and suggesting improvements in the organization’s operational efficiency in regard to environmental conscientiousness and reduction of natural resource consumption.
- Supervises hourly level employees in the maintenance department.
- Sets day-to-day operational objectives for the team to ensure task and project completion.
- Addresses associate's concerns.
- Ensures policies, practices and procedures are understood and followed by direct reports and stakeholders. Works together with the management team.
- Contributes to the development of processes and procedures and ensure that employees operate within these guidelines.
- Point person to resolve issues elevated by support personnel.
- Perform general maintenance and repair duties including light carpentry, basic electrical, HVAC, and grounds maintenance.
- Minimum 5 years functional maintenance experience required
- 2 year of leadership, supervisory experience is required,
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required.
- Four year college degree preferred, but not required
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.