Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.Position Summary:
Application Support Technicians support both the internal and external userbase on a limited suite of custom and commercially available software applications. Technicians gather problem details and attempt to replicate issues reported by users, troubleshoot and analyze non-routine issues to identify root cause, as well as recognize improper system usage to instruct users on proper use of the software. They collaborate professionally with coworkers and users in both technical and non-technical capacities, as well as work closely with members of the software development team when the root cause of an issue is determined to be unintended system functionality. Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills to both understand user’s needs and clearly explain solutions
- The ability to troubleshoot and either resolve or locate the root cause of simple to complex software issues by performing testing and reviewing error logs
- Detail oriented in documenting issues (technical writing)
- The ability to work together with other technicians and software developers to test and identify the root cause of reported issues
- Creativity to find temporary solutions for issues while waiting on a permanent fix to be implemented
- Can test and verify integration status between software applications using provided tools
- Ability to translate non-technical requirements into technical requirements, and vice-versa
- Proficient in time management and organization* This position is not remoteKnowledge and Experience:
- 2 year college degree in an IT field, 2-3 years experience troubleshooting and providing support to users, or 2-3 years experience in a related field such as software/QA testing
- Basic TCP/IP networking knowledge and fundamentals, experience with troubleshooting tools (packet captures, RDP, etc)
- ERP( SAP, Dynamics GP, or comparable) or WMS experience preferred, but not required.*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.