Credit Account Manager
This job posting is no longer active.
Williamsville, NY, United States
Job ID: 50600
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Credit Operations Account Manager
- Administer Ingram Micro’s Values in accordance with U. S. Credit Operations Policies and Procedures by minimizing Bad Debt and Maximizing Revenue.
- Respond timely and effectively to customers’ (internal and external) inquiries and requests.
- Resolve escalated orders on credit hold.
- Manage the accounts receivable for a portfolio of accounts to be in line with Ingram’s aging metrics and DSO standards.
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities.
- Develops, recommends, and implements policies and procedures for investigating and evaluating new and existing customer creditworthiness and extending or revoking credit lines/limits.
- Coordinates with internal departments to resolve billing disputes that may affect the ability to collect receivables.
- Reviews and makes recommendations regarding bad debt or write-offs. Investigates and analyzes credit risks, using available internet and credit agency tools and information.
- Recommends and implements credit extensions/revocations, and/or legal action where necessary.
- Develops and maintains relationships with outside credit agencies.
Job Qualifications and Educational Requirement
- Proven track record of making successful decisions
- Assertive, proactive and organized
- Advanced mathematical and logical deduction skills
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and problem-solving
- Ability to effectively and precisely communicate complex issues in a concise and logical manner
- Strong negotiation and collaboration skills required
- Proficient in MS Excel (formulas, pivot tables, and comparative analysis)
- Technical Competencies: Microsoft Suite (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint), web navigation
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related
- 4 plus years’ experience in Credit/Accounts Receivable can substitute for education
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post-offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.