Senior Professional, Oracle Developer
United States | California, Irvine
Position at Ingram Micro
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated PL/SQL Developer whose primary function will be to design, develop, implement, and maintain Oracle database programming components of the Operational Data Store. Main components are the ODS triggers, packages, procedures, and functions. The successful candidate will have strong verbal and written communications skills, demonstrate strong systemic thinking abilities, thrive in uncertain environment, and proficient with SQL and PL/SQL on Oracle 19c.
- Design, develop, deploy, maintain Oracle triggers, functions, packages, and procedures.
- Manage/maintain Oracle database schema.
- Develop DDL and DML
- Operational support for the ODS database programming environment (Linux)
- Design, develop, deploy, maintain operational reports
- Design, develop, deploy, maintain all incoming data integration points such as Seeburger and Magellan.
- Provide application support for ODS dependent applications.
- Manage partitioned tables.
- Optimize and Tune SQL Queries.
- Additional responsibilities:
Maintenance and operational support of the IBM MQ Managers/queues.
Maintenance and operational support of the IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise.
Participate in maintenance and support of ODS Java components (splitters and JDB)
- Competence and comfort with SQL and Oracle PL/SQL programming
- Competence in Oracle Schema management (DDL)
- Competence in design, develop, deploy, maintain operational reports.
(one-shot, scheduled, csv, Excel, txt files, sftp, email, B2B)
- Proficient with Linux shell scripting
- Proficient with Linux vi editor
- Familiarity with DB2 database and DB2 Connect Enterprise a plus.
- Patience and perseverance to overcome challenges
- Gather requirements accurately and prioritize tasks and document development details.
- Analytical skills: Detail oriented with ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and author detailed development solutions documents.
- Organizational skills: Ability to work with the vast array of information gathered and organize the details to easily consumable way to all key stakeholders.
- Team skills: Works well with others; delivers positive energy to the team
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience preferred
- At least 3+ years of Oracle PL/SQL development experience
- Proficient in Linux shell scripting and vi editor
Knowledge that’s a Plus:
- Python or Java programming (Linux)
- MQ wrapper programming (Linux)
- DB2 Z/OS
- DB2 Connect Enterprise
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.