Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
*This position is in the Irvine, California corporate headquarters and has the opportunity for hybrid work with up to three days remote per week.
Ingram Micro’s Global Sourcing function is undergoing a significant transformation. Global Sourcing is elevating its status, expanding its capabilities and accelerating value delivery for the organization with respect to its Indirect Spend. Reporting into Operations places the function at the heart of the action working with a leadership team that is invested in its success. The Director Sourcing will be responsible for leading sourcing activities for select global categories with the goal of realizing significant value for the company including but not limited to; cost reductions, improved quality of products and services, contributing to our Supplier Diversity and Sustainability objectives and assuring supply continuity. You will be adept at aligning the function’s strategies and goals with those of your primary stakeholders, engaging them in robust discussions to differentiate their business needs from wants.
Developing a keen understanding of the business and, in particular, how your spend category supports it, you will be expected to develop a much broader perspective than typical of sourcing roles. You will leverage your knowledge and insights to gain trusted advisor status with your business partners including executives, professionally challenging them and presenting alternative points of view or courses of action.
Motivated by stretch goals and high expectations of yourself, you are a self-motivated sourcing “hunter” while being a team player as well as a coach and mentor to your reports. Given the significant transformation that the function is undergoing you must be comfortable with ambiguity while maintaining clarity of direction, adapting your approach in a rapidly changing environment while never losing site of the goal.
You should understand the differences between Indirect and Direct Sourcing and be able to clearly articulate what they are and how that impacts the approach to a category.
An experienced change agent you have a comprehensive understanding of strategic sourcing methodologies and how to use them to construct a meaningful category plan encompassing a 3–5-year time horizon.
This role is demanding, requiring the ability to pivot at a moment’s notice, while advancing your overall category strategy. The right candidate will see this role for what it is – a career defining opportunity!
- Supplier Partnerships: Partner closely with internal stakeholders and the leadership team to develop, engage and lead supplier relationships that drive the greatest value in total cost effectiveness, supplier quality, enhanced service levels, risk management, sustainability, supplier diversity, and innovation.
- Category Strategies: Develop and execute global category strategies and plans that optimize a supply base that delivers against our overall requirements at best value pricing. Segment suppliers (eg. strategic, collaborative, and transactional) and develop strategies and plans to drive improved value with suppliers in each segment. Leverage category and supplier trends to proactively address potential issues and take advantage of potential opportunities.
- Strategic Sourcing: Execute sourcing initiatives and negotiate best-in-class strategic agreements for total costs, payment terms, service level agreement, and other key terms through the use of should-cost models, RFPs, category/supplier insights, benchmarking, advanced analytics, and eSourcing tools.
- TCO Reduction: Drive continued total cost of ownership (TCO) reductions through identifying, assessing, developing business cases, prioritizing initiatives, and executing initiatives focused on improving various value levers (eg. demand management, sourcing, spec optimization, spec/supplier consolidation, RFX, etc.)
- Supplier Performance Management: Manage the ongoing performance of our suppliers to achieve best-in-class results including setting objectives and service level agreements (SLAs), tracking and reporting KPI performance, supplier scorecards, and prioritizing and leading joint improvement efforts.
- Compliance Management: Develop key sourcing/contract policies and guidelines with executives and internal stakeholders, and track/manage compliance.
- External Partnerships: Partner with 3rd party subject matter experts to leverage functional and category benchmarking and best practices to understand industry category trends, as well as drive improved results, processes, standard practices, analytics, and tools.
- Supply Risk Management: Proactively monitor and manage supply risk to ensure continuity of supply or service.
- Inflation Management: Leverage market/commodity insights, inflation mitigation techniques, cost escalation/de-escalation agreements, etc. to forecast and secure market competitive pricing.
- Supplier Innovation: Engage supplier innovation capabilities to identify and deliver improved products and service offerings.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: Consistent with Ingram Micro’s values, support our CSR programs including supplier diversity and sustainable sourcing.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA a plus
- Lean or Six Sigma certification a plus
- 8+ years of experience in strategic sourcing with increasing leadership responsibilities, and a minimum of 5 years in a supervisory/management level position with direct reports
- Experience negotiating complex strategic agreements
- Strong business acumen, financial, cost modeling, data analysis, and root cause problem solving skills
- Ability to track and manage supplier performance, and set expectations for improvement
- Demonstrated ability to effectively identify, evaluate and implement solutions for stakeholders
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of end-to-end processes, determining business needs, and process improvement opportunities
- Supports and promotes cross functional team efforts, acting as process architect and organizational change agent
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deploy, sustain, and improve on investments from tools, people, and processes
- Works with executives and operational stakeholders to ensure cross-functional understanding and cooperation to execute highly complex deployment and transformation initiatives in a global matrixed environment
- Highly self-motivated, consultative approach, enthusiastic and ability to create followership, and lives the “continuous improvement” philosophy and can drive change successfully, push back with alternate approaches or solutions, and constantly challenges others to strive for improvement.
- Helps define transformational strategies, ensures resource alignment, and successfully manages the transition, adaptation, and adoption of processes and functionality
- Proactive, well organized, logical and creative thinker, with demonstrated ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities, and with strong result orientation - has track record for delivering results, takes ownership & is accountable
- Strong presentation and written communication skills, influencing skills, and the ability to work successfully with all levels of the organization.
- Proven track record of integrity, sound judgment, organization building success
- Excellent personal leadership skills – proven ability to build, develop and motivate a team
*Position may require travel, including limited international travel
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.