Ingram Micro, a portfolio company of Platinum Equity, delivers a full spectrum of global technology and commerce and fulfillment services. With a global base of more than 170K Customers and over 1.8K vendors, including the world’s best-known technology companies (e.g., Acer, Amazon, Apple, Dell, Cisco, Citrix, Google, HPE, HPI, HTC, IBM, Lenovo, LG, Microsoft, Samsung, VMware, Zebra and many others).
Ingram generates nearly $50B in annual revenue. Given a global reach and focus on IT solutions and services, cloud, mobility, and technology lifecycle, Ingram enables partners to find new opportunities and operate more profitably in their IT areas of focus.
Ingram Micro is currently seeking a highly motivated Optimization Specialist to join Global Business Intelligence’s Data Science team. The ideal candidate is a proactive, creative problem-solver who is motivated by the desire to deliver innovative, efficient and sustainable solutions with improved business outcomes.
Working in the Global Data Science Center of Excellence, the Optimization Specialist’s main activities will include development of new optimization-based software products, consulting, business development, and R&D in the field of Supply Chain Optimization/ Operations Research.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop innovative software-based Supply Chain Optimization solutions for real-world problems, focusing on large-scale logistics distribution and inventory management problems influencing billions of dollars in inventory.
- Understand stakeholder requests and translate them into true needs and solution requirements.
- Provide support to all optimization models once they are in production, including developing new functionality and addressing software issues.
- Develop proof-of-concept models, followed by full model development and deployment, and provide ongoing model support.
- Disseminate Supply Chain Optimization modeling best-practices through presentations and workshops to colleagues and stakeholders.
- Contribute to documentation, including software functional specifications, requirements, user manuals and technical papers.
- Liaise, network and encourage collaboration across all of Ingram’s sectors.
- Participate in state-of-the-art applied research in Supply Chain Optimization/ Operations Research, including collaboration with universities.
- Masters (Ph.D. preferred) in Operations Research, Industrial Optimization, Operations Management, Statistics, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics/Econometrics, or other technical discipline
- 3+ years of industry or post-doc experience in the field of supply chain optimization, supply chain management, or applied optimization.
- Expertise in mathematical optimization techniques, preferably exact methods (linear programming, nonlinear programming and/or mixed-integer linear programming) and stochastic programming applied to large-scale systems
- Building large scale models
- Working knowledge of C++ programming is an asset
- Proactive and entrepreneurial, keenly interested in solving large-scale supply chain optimization problems;
- Demonstrated ability to work both collaboratively and independently when appropriate;
- Ability to build relationships and effectively influence colleagues, clients and stakeholders;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills in complex and changing environments.
Ingram Micro is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer, with a focus on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. We consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition Specialist/Job Poster and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. We will try our best to make these accommodations. Please do not include any medical or health information in this email.