Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
*This position is in the Irvine, California corporate headquarters and has the opportunity for hybrid work with up to three days remote per week.
A pivotal member of the Internal Audit team responsible for the design, development, oversight and execution of the global program which evaluates internal controls over financial reporting in accordance with the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act and PCAOB standards and manages the program to assess the effectiveness of Internal Control over Financial Reporting as well as managing and maintaining the newly implemented Workiva/Wdesk platform for SOX and Internal Audit.
The role will oversee the financial and technology risk and internal control universe and perform the world-wide SOX risk assessment, scoping, program management and reporting driving results, accountability, and value for the company. They will collaborate and support global teams in their efforts to execute an efficient and effective risk-based SOX program.
Manage the SOX platform to maximize its benefits, identify improvement opportunities in existing processes, and drive standardization and efficiency. They will help the internal audit team and other users further design and build worldwide reporting and dashboards to enhance organizational transparency and accountability over SOX and Internal Audit programs.
Innovate and implement progressive change to keep the SOX and Internal Audit programs aligned with best practices. They will collaborate with internal stakeholders and external auditors and must be able to identify, prioritize and execute against key organizational initiatives
Develop and continuously enhance the Enterprise Risk framework covering identification assessing and responding to risk.
Lead and coordinate annual audit plan risk assessment.
Institute impactful periodic reporting to management and the Audit Committee covering SOX, audit remediation and issue escalation.
SOX – Global Program Management
- Support the strategic direction and operational requirements for the company’s Internal Control over Financial Reporting (ICFR) program by coordinating with program participants and business control owners.
- Manage the end-to-end SOX compliance program from scoping to remediation and final reporting including impact assessment.
- Act as a central point of contact and subject matter expert on internal controls over financial reporting and assist with internal control over financial reporting standards and other applicable regulatory compliance.
- Assists in designing controls for the internal control framework, establishing a risk and control matrix for all in-scope processes and locations, ensuring control rationalization.
- Establish standards for testing/sampling methodology, documentation and templates.
- Develop the SOX testing execution plan including resources for testing and review in coordination with global internal audit team
- Coordinate between external auditors, internal resources and internal business process owners to drive alignment on SOX planning, walkthroughs/testing, audit requests and deficiency evaluation.
- Educate process and control owners on their compliance requirement responsibilities.
- Drive the efficiency and effectiveness of the SOX program through continuous improvements in standardization, optimization, and automation.
- Responsible for oversight and controls testing execution for some corporate processes
- Support and effectively communicate with the external audits.
- Establish KPIs to drive efficiency in the program and responsibility.
Enterprise Risk Management
- Develops and enhances a risk framework to identify events that could impact the organization’s strategy or objectives and the management of the risks and opportunities
- Establishes ongoing, consistent, and robust ERM practices to identify, prioritize, assess, mitigate, monitor and report on risks and opportunities across the enterprise
- Fosters an integrated risk management approach through coordination with other functions
- Assists in facilitating risk committee meetings and provide periodic updates and reporting to management
Global Risk Assessment and Reporting
- Lead and coordinate annual global risk assessment process in collaboration with internal audit team to assist with the annual audit plan development optimizing global risks and resources. Develop risk assessment methodology and audit universe utilizing a systematic procedure to evaluate risks in establishing a global audit plan.
- Prepare Audit Committee materials for Internal Audit update in partnership with Internal Audit staff highlighting relevant trends and insights.
- Prepare management (including SOX Steering Committee) and Audit Committee materials highlighting SOX progress and results, delivering timely and concise management reporting illustrating SOX status, trends and deficiency remediation.
- Establish proper escalation channels to management as appropriate.
SOX Compliance & Internal Audit Management Repository Tool
- Identify and assist with implementing system enhancements
- Standardize master data
- Develop reporting
- Mature SOX and Internal Audit processes using the repository tool, updating or creating training materials and conducting supplemental training sessions as needed.
What you bring to the role:
- 15+ years of experience in an audit function or exhibiting an exceptionally strong background in some other relevant and applicable area of finance.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting or related field required
- Audit professional certification preferred - Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Audit
- Strong project and team leadership skills as well as the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to critically think and communicate complex and technical information, as well as present financial research findings to both internal and external parties.
- Proven ability to collaborate, influence and drive results at all levels of the organization.
- Results oriented with the ability to direct or manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Effective communicator, knowing when and what to communicate with relevant stakeholders to ensure no missed opportunities and/or no surprises.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP accounting concepts and principles, as well as IFRS and Sarbanes Oxley 404 experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Office suite (Excel, Teams, Word, PowerPoint)
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.