Public relations Senior Manager APAC
Job ID: 52294
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 35,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
We are highly committed to expanding our business across APAC. To achieve our ambitious goals, we need talented people like you to join our organization.
In this job of Public Relations (PR) Senior Manager / Manager. We are looking for someone who’s available to start as soon as possible.
What will you do?
PR managers create and maintain a favorable public image for the company by communicating programs, accomplishments and/or points of view.
In this role, you will report to the Head of Marketing of the company and extend your support to execute the PR strategy for APAC. You will be working closely with marketing, business partners, stakeholders and the media. You will plan, develop and implement integrated marketing communication strategies for internal stakeholders and the media and general public. As this role covers the APAC region, including China, proficiency in language is needed to function effectively with the local stakeholders.
- Foster relationships with key media contacts, key opinion leader and influencers to drive and influence media coverage and exposure
- Day to day liaising with the PR agency, drafting of press communication materials such as releases, media Q&A, briefing notes and spokespeople content
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests. Fielding media questions and pitching stories to the media, preparing media kits and organizing media press conferences/events/sessions/activities
- Support President and internal stakeholders to identify, plan and address their media and communications needs with the appropriate initiatives and ensure executives are media trained and ready
- Responsible for company’s corporate communications/ announcements, such as briefing documents, speeches.
- Develop integrated marketing communication initiatives and channels including digital marketing platforms that are effective and appropriate for the intended audience.
- Collaborate with Global Corporate Communication to adapt, develop and implement Corporate communication strategies and increase cooperation and collaboration across functions and affiliates.
- Collaborate closely with in-country Sales, Marketing and Executives for PR/Communication and cross-functional teams to ensure a robust messaging, branding and activation are in place
- Drive issues management, counter negative publicity and handle crisis and emergency communications in cases of adverse publicity
- Develop measurements, monitor and analyze the value of and return on Public Relation and communications initiatives
What experience do you bring?
- 8-10 years of experience in planning and executing Public Relations and External Communications
- Have a full understanding of media needs and media relationships
- Similar experience in communications either in-house PR departments or agencies with a track record of delivering PR / communication campaigns across multiple platforms and for various audiences.
- Experience in digital communications and social media channel management
- Love communicating and have a strong command over language with excellent writing skills and demonstrable strength in PR writing, editing, research
- Possess excellent organizational and planning skills
What competencies do you bring?
- A Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications
- Ability to work well with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Be proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate with an attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
What’s in it for you? You will get a great opportunity to drive the success of our organization, to further grow our business. We provide a fun, professional, and challenging international business setting. Finally, you will get the chance to become part of the world's leading Technology Solutions provider in the world and a Great Place to Work certified organization in ten countries across EMEA & APAC.
We will support you in your professional and personal development, by providing you with access to LinkedIn Learning and many high-quality training courses to increase your knowledge and expertise. We are a large organization with many national and international career opportunities, meaning we can provide you with great career opportunities for years to come, with you in the driver seat.