The IS Manager, SAP OTC provide key ownership for specific OTC Mega processes and support OTC Lead in definition and deployment of the SAP based solution (Global Template) for the Order to Cash (OTC) processes. It oversees the global template OTC mega processes and defines any material gaps that may exist with the present and ongoing business and facilitates the determination of whether changes are to be made to the Global template or localization is required.
The IS Manager, SAP OTC will use their skills in SAP process design, and configuration, SAP design, development integration, testing and deployment, and/or SAP technical architecture to focus on architecting a solution using SAP to achieve a defined business outcome. The IS . Manager, SAP OTC is accountable for the complete life cycle definition , through design, build, testing, training, end user and technical documentation and delivery to production. In addition, the IS Manager, SAP OTC is accountable for any and all maintenance and system technical and functional upgrades (e.g. OSS Notes, Service Packs, and Version upgrades) that are required and agreed by the Global SAP CoE team. The IS Manager, SAP OTC plays a significant role in designing an SAP production solution which is global.
The IS Manager, SAP OTC will support OTC Track Lead in building a 5 year IS road map and country roll outs to support the SAP OTC process areas. Key success criteria in this position are: 1) an in-depth understanding of global Order to Cash Management processes preferably in the distribution or reseller industry; 2) experience in understanding and analysis of sales, customer service, order management, credit management (e.g. returns and allowances), demand, inventory and production planning and distribution business requirements and their translation to a new design; 3) has a strong SAP functional knowledge of the order management specialties that include credit allowances, pre-sales support, inquiry processing, quotation processing, sales order processing, delivery processing, billing and sales information system 4) strong expertise on the people, process and procedural change impact that come as a result of SAP Sales and Distribution and supporting module implementations; 5) thought leadership on Industry Best Practices; 6) Excellent understanding of related cross functional - business processes in the area of Finance, SCE, P2P and WM.
A particular area of knowledge and expertise must be applied to specific customizations related to the Ingram Micro distribution business, relative to vendor invoicing, accuracy and timeliness of chargebacks, price protection, credit, product availability (ATP management) , partner connectivity, web / portal management and product returns. Ingram Micro’s SAP deployments must consider international requirements that support the sales and distribution activities with functions such as pricing and conditions, customer order processing, delivery monitoring, billing, credit and risk management.
This role requires that quality is relentlessly pursued through products and services that meet the customer (internal and external) expectations.
Critical areas of OTC process focus for this role are:
End to End Order management though billing Process Ownership
- Cross Application Integration of SAP OTC SD module processes with Finance, P2P, Vistex, SCE, Web (Endeavour,) Partner Connectivity (PCG), and Compliance
- Logistics execution processes for Deliveries, Maintaining of Route Determination and configuration for Picking, Packing and Post Goods Issue. Planning and Analysis in Shipping Configuration of Transportation Planning Point, Shipment Type and Transportation Planning.
- Functions, processes, and configurations related to;
- Complex billing and payment plans (e.g. credit card and other payment methods)
- Credit management
- Variant configurations and batch determination
- EDI, Rosetta Net and forms of Electronic data protocols
- Third party logistics business processes
- Inter-company logistic business processes
- Pricing, Returns, and Commission structure
- Comprehensive rebate agreement
- Sales forecasting and ATP / GATP business processes
- Sales tax for the US and other geographic regions
- Bill of materials design and configuration
- Planning, analysis and configuration for in shipping and transportation
- Licensing and Subscription Renewals management including the Licensing rules engine (LRE)
- Master Data Management, validation and governance.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Functional and Business
- Lead and provide strategic systems direction to the Business for all key design decisions and principles related to the overall OTC business process design and integration with other company areas.
- Proactively facilitate Fit-Gap Workshops and provide industry and SAP best practice reference points to Business stakeholders.
- Provide business leadership, education and direction in the use of standard design templates, frameworks for the collection and documentation of SAP related work products.
- Coordinate across functional teams to identify dependencies, cross team issues and potential risks as well as formulate end-to-end solution opportunities and reference models.
- Provide functional directional support to all region wave teams and reinforce the need and value for the use of a standard solution based design (Global Template).
- Coordinate with supporting program/project work-streams such as Change Enablement, Technology, Conversion/Deployment, etc. to ensure they have the required view and access to functional/solution information to successfully execute their work products.
- Provide leadership in the definition of a well-defined and deliverable Program/Project Scope business –IS based on the Global Template to ensure Product Change Request (PCR) are kept to an absolute minimum.
Percent of time on this activity…50
- Organization and Management
- Provide daily work direction and planning for direct reports and supervise Regional Process Owners (RPO)/ Subject Mater Experts (SME) participation in project activities.
- Conduct performance evaluation for direct reports by establishing qualitative and quantitative performance KPIs; influence over RPO/SME selection/hiring and/or termination; contributes to the salary administration process for direct reports.
- Collaborate with Shared Services group to ensure SLAs are adhered to in all aspects of project delivery.
- Conduct and manage Organizational Development of direct reports by providing proactive career guidance, development plans and assistance in achieving the overall business objectives.
- Provide overall program / project management for all individual projects running under the GPO’s track by providing well defined timeline, scope and governance across.
- Provide periodic status updates to project management regarding the process area maturity.
- Escalate issues or risks and eliminate barriers within the parameters of the management authority.
- Share financial accountability for performance against a budget, and manage the allocated IS Financial budget.
- Manage team’s vacation schedules and overtime to meet project commitments.
Percent of time on this activity…15
- Project Delivery and Support
- Provide proactive leadership to OTC track to ensure all customer SLAs are met. Work with regions and countries to ensure regular communication channel is established for updates and resolutions.
- Ownership of all Global deliverables – on time, budget and scope.
- Established a well-defined cadence to ensure timely delivery of all critical path items
- Provide estimates to new projects keeping in mind cross track requirements.
- Proactively plan with the team on quality assurance of all deliverables – from requirement àdesign à Testing à Deployment to post go live support.
- Establish and monitor the SLA for all incidents specific to the OTC process.
Percent of time on this activity …30
- Change Enablement
- Provide proactive leadership for directing a Change Enablement (CE) process to support business process changes implemented.
- Work with the team and with cross track team to capture all high risk processes which requires change impact assessment.
- Assist and provide tactical guidance to CE team for business readiness for all impacted processes.
- Build a culture of Change as part of the DNA of the track.
- Support CE team for all global Business Process Design (BPDs) to be developed as part of the change enablement.
- Self-representation of a Change Agent to all users and extended stakeholders.
Percent of time on this activity…5
III. JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) in computer Science, Engineering, or related science and math discipline with an IS emphasis. PMP certification is an added plus. A minimum of 8+ years of experience in:
- Global SAP Implementation
- Complex international business environment.
- Managing a team of at least 10+ team members, preferably in the area of OTC.
- Minimum of four complete end to end SAP Implementation experiences.
Related management experience:
- Knowledge of related Ingram Micro’s business practices and direction is essential
- Anticipates company and customer needs in response to a changing global business model
- Partner effectively with customers and business to manifest vision.
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors, internal and external customers and other cross functional program tracks
- Direct engagement with business resources to gauge current and future strategic needs, analyze impact.
Related personal skills:
- Demonstrated high competency in the execution of multiple large projects
- Detailed understanding of SAP implementation methodology and its’ practical application to country roll outs
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership with strong abilities in Relationship management
- Demonstrated competency in managing third party providers, especially with SAP certified solutions and bolt-ons.
- Managing resources to meet goals across multiple projects.
- Leading multidiscipline, high-performance work teams/groups.
- Demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and Complex business problems.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with a proven track record for each.
- Manage the operational budget, report metrics for the group.
- Manage a cross functional team to oversee and review process design, change assessment and business readiness.
- Liaison with project management office and appropriate Project Management offices to help manage the day-to-day interdependencies of multiple project teams.
- Create and lead a supportive team-oriented work climate that enables business team members to develop professionally and that values diversity, promotes teamwork and collaboration and emphasizes quality, customer satisfaction, creativity and cost effectiveness.