Sr. Marketing Manager- Public Sector
This job posting is no longer active.
McLean, VA, United States
Job ID: 52839
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With over $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 35,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Ingram Micro’s Public Sector Organization is seeking a senior leader for marketing to the U.S. Public Sector. The Sr. Marketing Leader is responsible for developing messaging, creating, and executing end user campaigns, and supporting the enablement of internal teams and partners across various vendor enabled solutions. The leader will be responsible for the cross-functional coordination, collaboration, and execution with Ingram’s Global Technology Solutions Marketing Services Organization. The position will leverage Ingram’s creative and brand, content and digital, solutions and operations, event, and communities marketing resources.
The Sr. Marketing Leader will have a primary focus on our U.S. federal, state and local governments and education markets. In this role you help craft Ingram Micro’s Public Sector brand and build on the strong results they have achieved and continue to drive in the space. We are looking for an experienced marketing professional that understands the federal and SLED end user markets, can capitalize on government programs to increase opportunities, and can utilize various marketing platforms to drive end user demand for our partners. The individual will lead a team of market intelligence specialists capable of creating impactful market insight for partners through the fusion of end user market intelligence with Ingram’s Business Intelligence. This role will be based in the DC Metro/surrounding area.
- Create value prop messaging framework based on public sector markets covering Federal, State & Local government, Education, Healthcare, and Non-profit organizations.
- Responsible for obtaining market research such as current trends in their niche and the needs and desires of Public Sector consumers.
- gather data, analyzing business reports from surveys or focus groups
- Build an impactful market intelligence team capability for partners to leverage and fusing that data with Ingram business intelligence.
- Responsible for creating and delivering marketing tactics and advertising campaigns.
- Analyzes customer requirements, develops messaging architecture and competitive positioning, specifies vehicles/projects, secures resources, communicates project development, and drives creative development processes.
- Responsible for planning and market research activities designed to increase sales growth and to expand market share.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and analysis of interactive advertising and e-commerce programs and packages
- Strategize with local partner marketers to develop marketing plans for targeted opportunity areas.
- Work collaboratively with sales teams to execute marketing campaigns around specific buying seasonality for Fed and SLED unique to each buyer journey and purchasing process.
- Develop a wide range of marketing collateral to communicate the value proposition of offerings and drive strong demand generation to meet high-performance targets.
- Drive cross-collaboration and enablement across Ingram’s marketing services.
- Recruit and enable partners through practice development of vendor-specific Public Sector Programs, partner authorizations for Public Sector, tier upgrades, and differentiator competencies through enablement programs for the Public Sector.
- Recruit and enable ISVs to deliver complete solutions in Public Sector.
- Understand various public sector vendor programs and how to leverage them to benefit partners and ISVs/
- Support partners with end customer demand generation processes and value-added services.
- Provide training and onboarding support for newly Public Sector authorized to get teams up and running in a short span of time and successfully meet revenue targets.
What you bring to the role:
- Minimum of a 4-year degree or the equivalent in relevant experience
- 8 years functional experience including a minimum of 5 years position specific experience (Marketing, Federal/Public Sector)
- Prior experience building marketing programs with strong ROI in the Federal/Public Sector
- Experience with Social Media Platforms & Content Creation
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite of Tools (Power Point is a must)
- Experience using Adobe Suite
- Eloqua Experience is Preferred
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment and exhibit excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Leadership skills: Ability to effectively influence direct and indirect resources, business stakeholders, project teams and be well-skilled in both oral and written communication is required.
- Facilitation skills: Ability to facilitate meetings by utilizing effective presentation skills and be a liaison between internal/external teams and stakeholders.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination statusIngram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.